Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tree Frogs Forum

Freakyfrog   Whitie   Froggy&Gribbit   Freakyfrog   Rrrragdoll   Freakyfrog  
 Member  Message

Freakyfrog
View Profile

Humidity

how do you guys keep your humidity up in your tanks? i cant seem to get mine higher than 65.

09/02/08  07:56pm

Whitie
View Profile

Message To: Freakyfrog   In reference to Message Id: 1849837

Humidity

If you have a screen top, you can put saran wrap around part of the top. Or a piece of plexiglass, sometimes just a towel will work. Make sure you don’t cover the whole top and what ever you are covering it with it is not to close to the light.

09/03/08  06:37am

Froggy&Gribbit
View Profile

Message To: Freakyfrog   In reference to Message Id: 1849837

Humidity

terra cotta pots help keep up humidity, the brownish ones that hvae not been painted. You can use them as hides or even have plants potted in them.
Live plants help keep up humidity.
Having a water dish that has a larger surface area helps
Covering the part of the screen like stated.
Focusing your heat lights on only half or a smaller area of the tank helps to keep the humidity up

I also have a small bowl of water that I have a strip of white towel (terry cloth) with one end in the water. The other end is attached to teh wall of the tank. The water wicks up the towel and increases the humidity in the tnak. You just have to rinse the cloth regularly and change it every couple of months. Works well.

09/03/08  10:34am

Freakyfrog
View Profile

Message To: Froggy&Gribbit   In reference to Message Id: 1850313

Humidity

thanks. im gonna have to try all of those. i was getting worried when the humidity wouldnt stay up but im gonna try those suggestions. thanks!

09/03/08  09:41pm

Rrrragdoll
View Profile

Message To: Freakyfrog   In reference to Message Id: 1850897

Humidity

Also making your tank a natural tank with a drainage layer then several inches of substrate and live plants..

09/03/08  09:52pm

Freakyfrog
View Profile

Message To: Rrrragdoll   In reference to Message Id: 1850910

Humidity

live plants are difficult to keep up. or maybe its just me because i dont have a green thumb. i cannot seem to keep live plants..well alive

09/03/08  10:00pm

Back to Tree Frogs Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area