Tortoises Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tortoises Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

DLaww   Jawz1218   KrazyKelli   SHELL-tered  

Member  Message

DLaww
View Profile

I dont knkw what kind of tortoise i have

I have a pet tortoise that I was given from an aunt. She didn’t know what type it was and she has had it for quite some time but it seems quite fond of me so it became mine. Well after some mild searching I realize he almost certainly is in the wrong type of enclosure and I’m afraid he may not have the right diet but to be certain I want to know what type he is. Even after some searching I haven’t seen one that looks enough like him for me to be certain. I would say its similar to a Russian tortoise bit his shell isn’t as tall as those and his colors are more vibrant than that. Any help on how to take care of him even if I don’t know his type is appreciated.

01/16/14  07:58am

Jawz1218
View Profile

Message To: DLaww   In reference to Message Id: 2303032

Can you post a pic?

01/16/14  11:40am

KrazyKelli
View Profile

Message To: Jawz1218   In reference to Message Id: 2303034

Pictures would be helpful. You can upload a picture to Photobucket.com and link it over here. The RZ server is kinda funk right now.

01/16/14  02:19pm

SHELL-tered
View Profile

Message To: DLaww   In reference to Message Id: 2303032

A "LOT" depends on what GEOGRAPHIC/weather zone you live in.,.....No-No-NO "FRUIT",except a little piece of PUMPKIN,small piece of apple(no!!! seeds)’GRASSES,WEEDS,CACTI are the "MAIN" sustaining diet for "MAXIMUM" health and vitality.,....and please don’t forget "WATER",...."WATER",...and since it’s only a tortoise,don’t be afraid to "BREAK-DOWN" and "CONSIDER" bottled water.,....Better YET!!!!,save rain water in a small"CLEAN" pail.,...After all,its no big deal,and just wait and see,....WOW!!!,....your tortoise will follow you "EVERYWHERE,....and after quite a while(if "IT" knows you’re THEE source of that "OCCASIONAL" treat),......You got a friend for life,.....Trust me I KNOW.,....Good Luck!! BELIEVE ME,BELIEVE ME.Only 5 MIN. after I get home the tortoise is "SCRSTCHING" at the door and wants me to play,....Its "TRUE".,....You’ll see ,....Be patient.

10/07/14  08:44pm

Back to Tortoises Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area