Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tortoises Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Jo108   Cads   RepticTay   Cads   Really   Pmullen  

Member  Message

Jo108
View Profile

Rescued tortoise some help please

hi guys not been on in a long time all my pets are still doin fine
problem is someone out with a dog found a torty the dog picked it up its a small 3 inch yearling this was very distressing that he found this outside in the middle of a uk winter the little thing has no weight to it the the plates are sunk in the way and he has rns which i have the vet booked for to deal with for some treatment to it i dont no how long he has been out side for and has had no proper care or light am amazed he is still alive actually, i think its a spur thighed it has very small spurs on its legs and a female am sure she is slowly eating a bit more each day 3 days i have had her and drinking now as well and haveing a bath everyday now to rehydrate her
can any one comfirm the species and if u have any tips or suggestions to help her would be great
i have 2 hermans both over 13 they are separate for this one so not need to worry about rns goin on to them ones
thanks

here is a pic of her u can see the damaged shell and the one thing that worrys me is some small red spots on the bottom plates it could be seeping through from inside ?will find out at vet next week when she goes for a health check

01/04/12  09:18am

Cads
View Profile

Message To: Jo108   In reference to Message Id: 2249620

this site really has gone to the dogs it used to good for info but its dire now
info no longer needed now as i have had a vet check and species comfirmed

01/11/12  02:05pm

RepticTay
View Profile

Message To: Jo108   In reference to Message Id: 2249620

If you are UK residence then inbox me if you have face book.

Best take her to a vet ASAP. looks like some greek tortoise.

02/14/12  06:18pm

Cads
View Profile

Message To: RepticTay   In reference to Message Id: 2255274

went to vet to sort out the rns with baitrol spelling no sure of but its sorted and is now up to 102 gramms weight compared to 60 gramms when found so gettin there
and many thanks for replyng although it was after the last i checked but thanks anyway

04/08/12  01:01pm

Really
View Profile

Message To: Cads   In reference to Message Id: 2261958

I just joined the Tortoise list or I would have posted. What did the vet say about the red spots?

04/08/12  03:14pm

Pmullen
View Profile

Message To: Really   In reference to Message Id: 2261977

Testudo Graeca Graeca (Moroccan Spur thighed) i would imagine. they are incredibly susceptible to RNS.

01/20/13  04:15pm

Back to Tortoises Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area