Toads Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Toads Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Holly Jacobs   Trexfbt   Kruegerdylan  

Member  Message

Holly Jacobs
View Profile

Please Help! Oriental Fire-bellied Toads Mating

I have 2 Oriental Fire-bellied Toads and today when i was getting their food ready they started mating. They were only mating for roughly 4 minutes, but is that enough time? Should I be expecting eggs. I also have some other questions below.

1. What are the signs of a pregnant toad?

2. When should I see those signs?

3. Where will the female lay their eggs

4. What Should I feed the tadpoles

5. In NJ you need a permit to keep Oriental Fire-bellied Toads. Will I need a permit for each individual toad or do I only need a permit to keep them?

12/13/12  04:37pm

Trexfbt
View Profile

Message To: Holly Jacobs   In reference to Message Id: 2287575

i read that fire bellys only mate in the summer and there needs to be certain conditions for a female to lay eggs sometimes theyll try to mate but the female wont let it happen, some of the conditions are make sure you have a very large water area with lots of plants and hiding places because thats the only area shell lay her eggs and youll need to remove either the eggs or the toads otherwise theyll eat the eggs and taking care of the tadpoles and baby fire bellys is a lot of work i dont know if youll need a permit for all of those tadpoles if you do id say just to give your eggs to a pet store or something what are your temperatures in your tank and water if the tank is the low 70s and water in low 60s the female wont even try to mate i dont think youll have any trouble until the summer

12/23/12  08:13am

Kruegerdylan
View Profile

Message To: Holly Jacobs   In reference to Message Id: 2287575

let the toads go and the tadpoles

05/16/13  10:02am

Back to Toads Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area