Toads Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Toads Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Crazydragon   Crazydragon   Crotus   Crazydragon  

Member  Message

Crazydragon
View Profile

Help, given a Toad

My Daughter was at the Reptile show and this guy gave her a toad & gecko. I not sure how to take care of this toad and need advice! I believe it is an American Toad but not sure.

frog.

10/20/12  06:16pm

Crazydragon
View Profile

Message To: Crazydragon   In reference to Message Id: 2283387

Help, given a Toad

I have him in forest floor bedding, cave to hide in, lil bowl of water to soak in. I haven’t tried to feed him yet, don’t know how old he is or if he was wild or raised. I will try to feed him crickets lil later on, right now I have no light on, but will work on that if he needs one. Thanks for any help!

10/20/12  06:49pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: Crazydragon   In reference to Message Id: 2283390

Help, given a Toad

Sounds like an OK setup, toads are really quite undemanding... I would recommend however, also providing some full-spectrum lighting with a fluorescent lamp situated above the tank, set on a timer (on during the day, off at night) Although this is not as important for amphibians as for reptiles, it does seem to stimulate their activity; and also it gives you the option of growing 1 or 2 live plants (like ferns, pothos or philodendron, etc.) which can help make the decor look more natural; also the plant roots can help keep the soil clean by absorbing any wastes and using them as fertilizer.

10/22/12  06:04pm

Crazydragon
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2283548

Help, given a Toad

Ok Thanks I will see what I can find at the store!

10/27/12  11:07am

Back to Toads Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area