Tegus Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tegus Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Trancenath91   Takahiro111   Sonicbodyboarder  

Member  Message

Trancenath91
View Profile

Columbian Tegu doesnt like with D3 calcium

Hello, Im new to this forum, I wanted a Columbian Tegu since a long time, I prepared myself for 2 years and I finally bought it 3 weeks ago, he have been eating pretty well. I have feed him with boiled eggs, chicken heart, crickets (he just ate them once) and Fish. The problem I found, is that he does’nt like his food when I add the calcium with D3 powder, he tastes it and simply he stops eating, when I don’t add this, he eats pretty well. Could you give me some advices of how to make him eat calcium? Can I susbstitute the nutrients in this Calcium podwer with just food? Thanks in advance, and sorry for my crappy english, not my native language.

11/30/15  05:34pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Trancenath91   In reference to Message Id: 2315954

Your english is pretty good. What I would do is hide it in their foods for example I’ll make small meat balls and hide fruit or calcium in it for my Argentine tegu and my other lizards but this isn’t common in my collection...try to trick him

12/01/15  05:24pm

Sonicbodyboarder
View Profile

Message To: Trancenath91   In reference to Message Id: 2315954

The D3 supplement is not vital to these Tegus as long as you feed them mammals (mice, rats, etc.) They will get all of the calcium that they need that way. Also, it is very helpful to have a quality UVB to help aide them with digestion.

06/30/16  09:21am

Back to Tegus Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area