Back to Tegus Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

LeoLuvr   LeoLuvr   Reptictale92   KsTaR  

Member  Message

LeoLuvr
View Profile

Two tegus in the same tank?

I have my Red Tegu (1 year old. Male) named Norbert:

He is in this tank right now:

My fiance is in the army and has a two/three year old black and white tegu, hooch, that is believed to be a female.
I will be taking care of Hooch while he is gone- they both have pretty large individual tanks, and I wouldn’t want then to hurt eachother, but is there any way they could be housed together? If not now, once they’re both closer to the same size?

09/09/13  04:38pm

LeoLuvr
View Profile

Message To: LeoLuvr   In reference to Message Id: 2301003

I didn’t realize that I had added to his tank since this picture, but there is another foot of sandXpete moss added to whats in there now.

09/09/13  04:39pm

Reptictale92
View Profile

Message To: LeoLuvr   In reference to Message Id: 2301004

At a year old yours should be bigger, but another topic for another day, and as far as 2 in the same cage? If you have the space you can, but no one has been able to breed the B&W to the reds, but just keeping them as cage mates is a possibility.

09/14/13  10:43pm

KsTaR
View Profile

Message To: Reptictale92   In reference to Message Id: 2301120

I wouldn’t recommend keeping them together if there’s a big size difference If your red tegu is a year old and the black and white is 3-4 months old. The little black and white can end up a snack for the red tegu....but if they’re about the same size they should be fine and just a side note...Reds and black and whites have been successfully crossed and bred to make hybrid babies.

10/30/13  05:22pm

Back to Tegus Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area