Tegus Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tegus Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Crisco   Nile/water monitors   Crisco  

Member  Message

Crisco
View Profile

More food ideas.

I was wondering what others foods I can feed my columbian b/w tegu, he gets fish egg both boiled and scrabuled Honey dew Mellon krickets grapes. I tryied strawberries but he seems to not give them much interest. But any other food ideas would be great, he’s my first tegu and I wanna make sure his diet is as good as it can be.

03/20/12  08:42pm

Nile/water monitors
View Profile

Message To: Crisco   In reference to Message Id: 2259522

More food ideas.

Try to keep his diet as close to what he would eat in the wild as you can. Stay away from cooked and processed foods or dog/cat/people foods as they will cause obesity and health issues down the road. Your reptile should always be lean and alert, not heavy and sleepy. Add some inverts to his diet, Dubia roaches and super worms are easy to raise as feeders and don’t stink like crix’s do. When feeding inverts I coat them in calcium. Healthy, hydrated, gut loaded inverts are a staple in my reptile diets. Have you tried some raspberry’s, blue berries, black berries? A couple F/T Pinkie mice a month would be good too. I would dish feed the fruits/veggies and tong feed him the live inverts to assure he gets to eat and you will know that the inverts are not getting away and hiding from him. Make sure all your temp.s and humidity % are where they need to be, reptiles can’t properly digest their foods if they can’t heat up properly.

03/25/12  09:46am

Crisco
View Profile

Message To: Nile/water monitors   In reference to Message Id: 2260083

More food ideas.

I have not tried Berry’s yet but I will and I have to get more krickets so ill get some super worm not sure if they have Roches. And I have his temps and humidity right. And ill also get a picky mouse too. Thanks for the food help.

03/25/12  07:12pm

Back to Tegus Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area