Tegus Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tegus Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Chameleon_man   Cazicsmom   Chameleon_man   Cazicsmom  

Member  Message

Chameleon_man
View Profile

NEED FAST ANSWERS!!!

I can not decide between a columbian or a red tegu!!! which ones do you guys like the most? I have been trying to get information on both but i keep getting different views. some say males get 5 foot when others say around 3 maybe 4 lol its a big difference!!

I have heard that some are extremily aggressive and other people say they RARLY bite. lol

so whoever can help me out I would really appreciate it.

03/06/12  10:58am

Cazicsmom
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2257846

NEED FAST ANSWERS!!!

Colombian Tegus are extremely aggressive.

The Argentines (black/white, red, blues, etc) are more laid back and easier to handle.

No, I don’t have a tegu yet, just a lot of research and talking to knowledgeable people.

As for size colombians are smaller 3-4ft, while the argentine males will attain the 4-5ft foot range.

Colombians can get tame, but take more training than the Argentines (and they take a lot).

Hope that helps, maybe someone will be along soon that has more hands-on experience.

03/06/12  12:35pm

Chameleon_man
View Profile

Message To: Cazicsmom   In reference to Message Id: 2257851

NEED FAST ANSWERS!!!

so you think a red tegu would be better to get?

03/06/12  12:53pm

Cazicsmom
View Profile

Message To: Chameleon_man   In reference to Message Id: 2257853

NEED FAST ANSWERS!!!

Depends on what you want. If you want a nice lap-dog with training, yes, the argentines are the way to go. Just realize, they are large lizards...and any of them can be a sweetheart and any can be a turd, lol. The Red Argentine is what I personally want.

03/07/12  09:03pm

Back to Tegus Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area