Tegus Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tegus Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

KsTaR   BrandonR   Canadiangirl   KsTaR   Reptilerancher757   Tegudad   KsTaR  

Member  Message

KsTaR
View Profile

My Tegus....

thought ill share pics of some of my recent tegus since this section picked up a bit...i remember before barely anyone was on this part of the forum im happy its picking up...here are my Argentine black and whites...My blues..and My Blue/Red Hybrid...hope you enjoy....

02/01/11  06:24pm

BrandonR
View Profile

Message To: KsTaR   In reference to Message Id: 2202561

My Tegus....

Cool Pictures, I hope it warms up here soon. I can’t wait to take my tegu outside when i get him. Wisconsin winters suck, there is a blizzard as i type this going on outside, we are already at almost a foot of snow in some spots, otherwise I would have gotten the tegu tonight. Thursday can’t you come any faster??

02/01/11  10:18pm

Canadiangirl
View Profile

Message To: BrandonR   In reference to Message Id: 2202641

My Tegus....

I am so jelous! Your blues are beautiful!!!
How long have you been working with tegus?

Thanks for sharing the pictures, and I agree it is nice to see this forum starting to get some action.

02/01/11  10:33pm

KsTaR
View Profile

Message To: Canadiangirl   In reference to Message Id: 2202643

My Tegus....

I have all this ugly snow out here aswell...it sucks I’m in N.Y and as I’m typing this I have a storm on the way again...and yes Canadiangirl it’s great to see the Tegus forum pop...I been working with Monitors at first then moved on to Tegus and then Ball Pythons and Scorpions and then Burms and Retics and inverts and Crocodilians aswell...Tegus are indeed my heart : ) I been keeping Tegus since 2005...I’m just 23 now...my guys eat two times a day and have they’re enclosures hooked up to automatic timers that power on the lights according to the light so mines go on about 7am and go off about 6pm...so when I get up they’re all basking and ready to come out and have breakfast...I’m at work 8 hours a day when I do work so they skip lunch and eat dinner when I get home and then they go to bed and they’re all potty trained they go to the bathroom in the hall and then I wash it out an clean it...I change they’re meals everyday and never feed the same thing and whole foods on the weekends to prevent impacting so they get they’re rodents Friday through Sunday or every other day during the week and they’re all tame and got along...and they’re on cypress mulch bedding with uv bulbs and heat bulbs and I keep aluminum foil on the tops to hold the humidity and it does great no shedding problems or digestion problems and I mix a spoon of cod liver oil per pound of ground turkey and calcium powder and multi-vitamin powder to all theyre food to ensure great diet and intake...and that’s about it...and in the summer they hangout outside : )

02/01/11  11:25pm

Reptilerancher757
View Profile

Message To: KsTaR   In reference to Message Id: 2202654

My Tegus....

can you go over that feeding schedule again please. alil more in detail

11/01/11  09:51pm

Tegudad
View Profile

Message To: KsTaR   In reference to Message Id: 2202561

My Tegus....

Your kids are beautiful! I am envious. I have a 18" baby Red which when well heated is very fiesty but never tries to bite, hiss etc. He / she is bruminating, only coming out once a day or once every other day for a snack and a tanning session. :)

11/12/11  08:20pm

KsTaR
View Profile

Message To: Tegudad   In reference to Message Id: 2244004

My Tegus....

@reptilerancher757...... i usually started them off with good gutload insects in the morning as hatchlings and then some nice heavy food for lunch and dinner....sometimes i was only able to give them breakfast and lunch cause of my schedule and cause they would go down since i had them on a schedule which was according to the sunlight outside...so mornings is light meals like insects dusted with calcium and multivitamin powder and i dust all they’re foods. then i fed them whole prey like rodents and chicks for adults on weekends or every 3 days or so to make sure they don’t suffer from impaction. talapia fish,ground turkey,raw egg with shell (here and there) which has calcium for them so its good every once in a while,scrambled egg,fruits if they take them....mine took grapes...raw chicken cutlet cut up,chicken legs or feet,liver,gizzards, and chicks as adults are good whole prey as well. i never gave them dog food and wont. i never gave them any canned foods....and they’re food is frozen and thawed out hours prior to feeding...once they become adults all the insect feeding goes out the window lol and you can just alternate with the foods you’ve already been giving them. any more questions just leave them here and ill help out

04/06/12  11:20pm

Back to Tegus Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area