Tadpoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tadpoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Heatherstar   Griffinj12   Rachael5517  

Member  Message

Heatherstar
View Profile

Help!

My tadpole’s upper-half keeps floating, but his tail stays to the the bottom. He is a Bullfrog tadpole. Whenever he gets annoyed and goes back to the bottom, lying straight, it happens again. I’m worried about his tempature. I think it’s supposed to be 72* F but I don’t have a themomeer to see. I’m not sure if it’s something else instead though. Please help me!

07/23/12  10:31am

Griffinj12
View Profile

Message To: Heatherstar   In reference to Message Id: 2274337

Help!

what r u feeding him?

05/25/13  07:09am

Rachael5517
View Profile

Message To: Heatherstar   In reference to Message Id: 2274337

Help!

If you are worried about the temperature feel the water with your finger. It should feel cold to you, and thats ok. If its warm you should be worried because warm water cannot hold as much oxygen. Although I do not think that the temperature is the problem. I have 11 tadpoles and one of mine is doing this too. I have read another forum about this too and the lady had talked to a nature guide who said that the tadpole is probably late on it Memorhis and is going into hibernation. Or it is sick. I’m not sure what you can do except see how it plays out. If you are worried about what your feeding them you should feed them lettuce boiled for 15 min then chop it up and freeze it. Just drop an ice cube in every few days.

05/30/13  10:23am

Back to Tadpoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area