Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Tadpoles Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Tadpoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Luka Blue   Jonathanphan   Crotus   TammyJean   Jonathanphan   Exoticpetsemployee   TadpolesUniversity  

Member  Message

Luka Blue
View Profile

How to remove hundreds of tadpoles from a swimming pool!

I need help! We would like to open our pool for the summer, but there are hundreds of tadpoles in there. We have a creek and small ponds that we could move them to, but we could spend the rest of the summer just trying to catch them!

I don’t want to kill them. But I would like to open the pool for the kids to use. Ideas, please!

Thanks,
Luka Blue

06/06/11  05:50pm

Jonathanphan
View Profile

Message To: Luka Blue   In reference to Message Id: 2223105

If you have chlorine its not tadpoles,LEAVE THEM.They have two little arm things on the sides.They’re water beetles,we have them A BUNCH.They eat allergy,if you still wanna remove them bring a water sample with 1 or 2 to a pool store,they’ll help.Try not to touch them(you’ll get pricked)DONT KILL THEM WHEN YOU HAVE THEM ANALYZED!

06/06/11  06:48pm

Crotus
View Profile

I would suggest that you catch them by netting them with a fine-textured dip net, like the kind used for aquarium fish, transfer them to a jar and then release them.

06/15/11  06:33pm

TammyJean
View Profile

Message To: Crotus   In reference to Message Id: 2224987

This is how I ended up with about 100 tadpoles. They were in my pool and yes they were tadpoles. I got them out with the pool net and put them in an 10 gallon tank and they are doing fine, some even have turned into baby frogs. Good luck

06/30/11  02:24pm

Jonathanphan
View Profile

Message To: TammyJean   In reference to Message Id: 2227177

How did they live in chlorine?Thats extra weird.To avoid that try putting a different water source so they can lay eggs in there,thats what i did when i saw frogs everywhere on my porch.Next thing you know boom tadpoles.Thats extra strange how the tadpoles lived in chlorine.Is your chlorine strong?

07/04/11  05:46am

Exoticpetsemployee
View Profile

a big net n bucket

07/09/11  10:19pm

TadpolesUniversity
View Profile

Haha, i remember some tadpoles were swimming in my pool and frogs would be hanging out in the bushes. Anyways, what i did is I went to a dam close to the lake and their were tons and tons of tadpoles covering a rock. I bought the biggest fish tank net from PetSmart (It was blue, I reccomend you use it) and I gently placed it in the water and they’d come into it. That’s also how I got 40 healthy tadoples.

06/01/13  12:13pm

Back to Tadpoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area