Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Tadpoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tadpoles Forum

EmilyFerretz   EmilyFerretz   Nitahug   Crotus  
 Member  Message

EmilyFerretz
View Profile

I need help right away, It’s already spread to another Tadpole!

Okay, So in August, I rescued some Eastern Spadefoot Tadpoles from a puddle in my yard before It dried up.I am currently raising them, And I plant to release them when then turn into Toads.A few days ago, I noticed that one of my Tadpoles looked like a Balloon.From top view, S/He looks like a heart.Then today, I realized that the Tadpole now has what looks like a Parasite in it’s Stomach.It looks like a Giant Worm.It’s white, And swirled all around the inside of it’s stomach.And now, I found that it has spread on to another of my Tadpoles.My mom thinks It’s their intestine.If you know what it is, Please reply IMMEDIATLY!

11/23/10  04:05pm

EmilyFerretz
View Profile

Message To: EmilyFerretz   In reference to Message Id: 2189181

OH COME ON PEOPLE! ANSWER IT!!!!

Thanks a lot people.Now the worm like think has gotten even bigger, And it’s turned to a Pink-ish color!

11/24/10  06:45pm

Nitahug
View Profile

Message To: EmilyFerretz   In reference to Message Id: 2189388

that happened to my tadpoles too.. i think its their stomach.. not sure though :S

12/10/10  11:28pm

Crotus
View Profile

Message To: EmilyFerretz   In reference to Message Id: 2189181

Please don’t worry, many types of tadpoles have translucent skin and you can see the internal organs throgh it... you’re just looking at the tadpole’s intestinal coils, which look like long spirals. When they turn into froglets and become carnivorous, the intestinal tract becomes much shorter because there is less roughage to digest.

04/13/11  03:21pm

Back to Tadpoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area