Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Tadpoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tadpoles Forum

Ianb   Keirax  
 Member  Message

Ianb
View Profile

Two Bullfrog Tadpoles????

I just got two bullfrog tadpoles lots of questions.How big of a tank do i need?And how long dose it take for them to turn into froglets????

07/05/10  08:15pm

Keirax
View Profile

Message To: Ianb   In reference to Message Id: 2160615

Two Bullfrog Tadpoles????

First of all it depends on how far along they r in their tadpole transformation. I heard it takes 2 years for them to turn into frogs but i just caught 4 last month and ones a frog already. I have my 3 in a 10 gallon, just until they turn into frogs after that you have to separate them because the WILL EAT EACHOTHER! They eat anything they can fit in their lil mouths lol. I feed my tadpoles lil agile tabs they love them and i have a few gold fish in the tank with them as well. If your tadpoles already have the start of their legs they should be tiny frogs within a few months if not its hard to say all depends on what stage you got them at could be months or a year so i heard. If you have any other questions just let me know i have raised over 25 to 30 bullfrog tadpoles from our canals and after they turn into frogs i usually let them go in my pond. good luck hope i helped.

07/05/10  08:56pm

Back to Tadpoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area