Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Tadpoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tadpoles Forum

Xchairity_casex   Ianb   Xchairity_casex  
 Member  Message

Xchairity_casex
View Profile

What type of tadpole is this?pics

i caught this guy a few weeks ago he already had back leg nubbins but since having him and using warmer water he has developed much more beautiful coloring of green/brown on top and gray/white tummy color that is quite pretty. here are a couple of blurry pics (sorry) ill take a few better ones tomorrow. but i live in Upper MIchigan if that will help to identify him. he is really quite placid when i caught him he had a chunk of his tail missing but used a water conditioner with aloe and has grown back well. i plan on releaseing him once he develops into a frog but was just curious as to what it is?

05/07/10  01:22am

Ianb
View Profile

Message To: Xchairity_casex   In reference to Message Id: 2145872

Looks like a bullfrog tadpole to me but i cant really tell.

05/08/10  01:39pm

Xchairity_casex
View Profile

Message To: Ianb   In reference to Message Id: 2146113

yep i have idetafied it as a bullfrog and if i am correct its a female (white throat) but i have a few questions her mouth has deveoped fully and she has front legs and back legs fully formed and her eyes are ontop of her head she has been sitting at the top of the water on the lilly pads i have but she still has a full tail it hasnt shrunk at all? should i moved her into a differant tank with land? should i try feeding her crickets?

05/11/10  12:14pm

Back to Tadpoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area