Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Tadpoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tadpoles Forum

Snakeobsession   Clawedfrogsrule   Concos Herp   Snakeobsession   Dublinamphibian  
 Member  Message

Snakeobsession
View Profile

CONFUSED!!!

okay, Im in Ontario and found some tadpoles, they are now getting fat but have not yet gotten their legs. anyways one day I lifted up the lid and found a frog sitting on the top of the water but this frog was smaller than the tadpoles that, not only, haven’t fully formed yet, but they are BIGGER than the frog who has already grown out of his tail!!!! and when I say small frog. I mean this thing is smaller than a house fly!!! its unbelievable!!!! it doesn’t make any sense, help.

09/03/09  11:29pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: Snakeobsession   In reference to Message Id: 2067394

CONFUSED!!!

That does sound tiny! Maybe there was a really tiny tadpole in the water that you didn’t see that managed to morph unnoticed? Either way I’d seperate it now from the others. Do you know if it’s a tree frog, true frog, or aquatic frog? What do the feet look like? Knowing something like that will help you put together a setup for it.

09/05/09  09:11pm

Concos Herp
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 2068176

CONFUSED!!!

Most frogs get smaller when they transform, mine did that.

09/08/09  04:03pm

Snakeobsession
View Profile

Message To: Concos Herp   In reference to Message Id: 2069361

CONFUSED!!!

hmmmm okay, nope i have no clue what type of frog! hes too small to tell, smaller than a house fly!!!! the other ones just started getting their legs, at least 2 out of 25 YAYA

09/10/09  09:49pm

Dublinamphibian
View Profile

Message To: Snakeobsession   In reference to Message Id: 2070539

CONFUSED!!!

When mine morphed they lost SO much weight. Then again they were common frogs.

06/08/10  05:59pm

Back to Tadpoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area