Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Tadpoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Tadpoles Forum

Frognut   Frognut   TutThePlatedLizard   Clawedfrogsrule   Reptilefreak23   TutThePlatedLizard   XMissLemonyx   Tadpolematt  
 Member  Message

Frognut
View Profile

Tadpole Identification Help

http://gallery.me.com/stephaninie#100024

This is a picture of Clyde. He has just started developing back legs and is just under 2" from nose to tail. He was all that was left from my first attempt to save the tadpoles that were left in the ’kiddie’ pools that are out in my yard for the dogs. I have 3 pools and I had one set up in the shady area for the tadpoles (this was where they laid their eggs last year). Instead they laid the eggs in the pools with direct sun. (go figure). Does anyone have any idea how to identify it? We live in northern maryland.

I also have a 20 gallon aquarium of about a kazillion tiny versions of clyde that I rescued a week ago. Again they were in the pool with the direct sun and they would have died if I left them there -- so I’ll start another thread with my questions about care.

Thanks for your help!

07/27/08  03:26pm

Frognut
View Profile

Message To: Frognut   In reference to Message Id: 1810597

Sorry, I don’t know how to add the photo - but if you copy/paste or type in the link at the top of the original message, the picture of Clyde is there - and you don’t have to sign-up for anything to access it. It is a direct link to my photo out on cyberspace.

Thanks again

07/27/08  03:39pm

TutThePlatedLizard
View Profile

Message To: Frognut   In reference to Message Id: 1810617

not sure, but it kinda looks like mine.. i wish i knew what mine was too

07/29/08  07:09pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: TutThePlatedLizard   In reference to Message Id: 1813013

Well it’s definately not a "True" frog, so that eliminates the usual bullfrog, green frog, leopard, etc.

I’m leaning more towards some type of tree frog, but honestly it’ll be really hard to tell until it starts to develop more and get some distinct features.

07/30/08  04:30pm

Reptilefreak23
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1813780

you take the code and when posting click ’image’ paste it than click ’end image’

07/31/08  11:57am

TutThePlatedLizard
View Profile

Message To: Reptilefreak23   In reference to Message Id: 1814646

yeah, but the photo server is down :/

07/31/08  11:19pm

XMissLemonyx
View Profile

Message To: TutThePlatedLizard   In reference to Message Id: 1815452

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a259/RocknRollo71/Tadpole3.jpg

Hope that link works alright

That is my new tadpole. I have him and his "brother" for about three weeks now, and one of them currently sprouted little legs. I just have no idea what exactly they are, so it is hard to guess what care to take once the big guy’s legs have fully formed. They are both about 2-3 inches in length. Any help would be very much appreciated.

08/02/08  08:29pm

Tadpolematt
View Profile

Message To: XMissLemonyx   In reference to Message Id: 1817426

looks like a bullfrog tadpole.

11/25/09  10:38am

Back to Tadpoles Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area