Swifts Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Swifts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Nitesoul   Fence swifts   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Nitesoul
View Profile

Please help . LOST SWIFT IN CAGE !!

Hi .. I am sure hoping someone can help me on this . My Emerald Swift (male who I have had for a yr now) , has been going nuts for the past week . Skittering across his mesh on the top of his cage .. dropping from the ceiling .. running at break neck speeds around his cage , kicking up dirt (substrate ) everywhere . Smashing into his walls . Yesterday I fed him like normal . Being very careful when I open the door . Today I have not seen him . I have finally gotten up the nerve to move his vines , but nothing . I looked in most of his hide , scared to move it if he is in there because he is so fast if he bolts for the door he will be gone . Could he be buried in his substrate . I use plantation soil . I can’t figure out where he is or if he is alive and like I said I am very scared to even begin to move things for fear he will come flying out and make for the front double opening doors , which will either make me try to close them quickly and risk shutting him in them or he will get lose in the house .. If that happens I will never find or catch him ,. PLEASE HELP .. I have no idea where to look for him and he means alot to me . Also anyone I have spoken too about his behavior said he has spring fever .

03/23/14  03:40pm

Fence swifts
View Profile

Message To: Nitesoul   In reference to Message Id: 2304148

What do you have for his bedding

05/12/15  03:48pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Nitesoul   In reference to Message Id: 2304148

Swifts will burrow. I use to own emerald and hatian swifts and most of there time they’ll either be burrowed or out to eat and roam.

05/12/15  04:34pm

Back to Swifts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area