Swifts Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Swifts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

PurpleSnuggie   PurpleSnuggie  

Member  Message

PurpleSnuggie
View Profile

Weird pod in swift tank?

So yesterday we bought the original tank mate that was with our Emerald swift at petco. I have no idea how long they were together before they got there but they arrived there around the beginning of october and have been with each other ever since. As soon as we put her into the tank, he came over head bobbing and vibrating fiercely. After some investigation we assumed it was just them mating. For the rest of the day he was very active, and bright in color. He was splashing in the pool and just running around seemingly trying to impress her. They also snuggled and at one point, she tried to move and he kept pinning her down. It got to a point where it looked like he tried to make a move and " hump " her but she quickly ran off from under him. This morning before my boyfriend went to college he noticed something very weird and odd that wasn’t there yesterday. It seemed to be a pale brown pod, that was about an inch tall and half in inch wide. He described it as being about as big and thick as the tip of his pinky. He said it was sitting under one of their vines, not really buried. We’re not sure what it is. I don’t have a picture of it yet, but I just didn’t know if it was normal. We heard multiple stories of them giving live birth but is it possible for them to lay eggs?
Any advice would be helpful.
We’re quite worried about our little babies.

11/05/12  10:03am

PurpleSnuggie
View Profile

Message To: PurpleSnuggie   In reference to Message Id: 2284693

Weird pod in swift tank?

I was told it’s also jelly like.

11/05/12  11:24am

Back to Swifts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area