Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Swifts Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Swifts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sarahyvette94   Karene   Sarahyvette94   Sarahyvette94   Karene   Lizard girl 4   Sarahyvette94  

Member  Message

Sarahyvette94
View Profile

SO WORRIED.

Hello ,
I have two Emerald Swifts, a male and a female, my male is fine, but im starting to get really worried about my female, she buried herself about two days ago, and still hasn’t come out, she hasn’t eaten anything since then. I’m pretty sure shes pregnant I noticed they were doing their mating ritual and about 2 weeks after I noticed she was getting bigger. but i’m worried that she is sick or something, any help please?!

08/16/12  12:47pm

Karene
View Profile

Message To: Sarahyvette94   In reference to Message Id: 2276980

SO WORRIED.

What are the specs on the tank and do you have any pictures? UVB? Heating? Humidity? What are you feeding them?

It’s possible she’s stressed out because of the male in the tank and is looking for a "safe" area to give birth in. But without more information, it’s hard to figure out what’s going on.

Hope she’s feeling alright. :(

08/16/12  06:54pm

Sarahyvette94
View Profile

Message To: Karene   In reference to Message Id: 2277015

SO WORRIED.

I feed both of them meal worms, about 3-4 a day. The Humidity is 60, and the temp is 80, I will post some pictures of the tank, but there is hiding space for them to hide, and he seems to be perfectly fine.

08/18/12  11:14am

Sarahyvette94
View Profile

Message To: Karene   In reference to Message Id: 2277015

SO WORRIED.

So That is our tank, Humidity is 60 and the temp is 80. I’m feeding them about 3-4 meal worms a day, i used to feed them crickets but they just don’t eat them any more.

Repti Glo 10.0 Compact
Desert Terrarium Lamp

Ideal for all desert dwelling reptiles
Ultra High UVB output
Effective up to 50 cm (20")
Provides necessary UVB rays for optimal calcium metabolism
Recommended for use with screened terrariums; terrariums with dense screen covers (screens can filter out UVB rays)
Recommended in combination with Repti Glo 2.0 for a higher visual light output

Thats what i have for a uvb its a 26w i believe.

but i really dont know what to do!! if you need anymore info just ask.

08/18/12  11:34am

Karene
View Profile

Message To: Sarahyvette94   In reference to Message Id: 2277162

SO WORRIED.

I noticed that you posted in the Fence Lizard forum. You should post your tank info there as well. They’re really experienced there. :)

08/20/12  12:22am

Lizard girl 4
View Profile

Message To: Karene   In reference to Message Id: 2277323

SO WORRIED.

Mealworms are hard to digest so it may have impaction. I would start feeding them both crickets instead of mealworms. I think soaking the one that might have impaction in warm water. Ask on the fence lizard forum to see what else you could try. I don’t know much about impaction but I know mealworms could do it.

08/20/12  11:19am

Sarahyvette94
View Profile

Message To: Lizard girl 4   In reference to Message Id: 2277342

SO WORRIED.

She won’t eat crickets at all, both of them won’t :( so thats why i had to switch to just meal worms, i feed them one wax worm a week for a treat type thing. and thank you i shall post the pictures right now !
thanks you both !

08/22/12  12:56pm

Back to Swifts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area