Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Swifts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Swifts Forum

Alliecat2   Reptileruler1   Reptileruler1   Alliecat2   Reptileruler1  
 Member  Message

Alliecat2
View Profile

Sick swift, please help!!

I have had my swift for about seven months now and he has started acting wierd. He will not open his eyes for anything, he has stopped eating and he was hanging from the top of the cage but today I found him just laying at the bottom. He use to run when I would clean his cage but now he just lays there and won’t do anything. I do not know what to do so any help would be great.

07/05/11  12:01pm

Reptileruler1
View Profile

Message To: Alliecat2   In reference to Message Id: 2227669

Do you have a UVB/UVA light, after 7 months swifts will develop MBD which causes them to be sluggish have trouble moving around and often they start to scoot around on the ground. If you don’t have a UVB light go to the store and get one quick and then hope for the best. It my be to late.

07/07/11  07:16pm

Reptileruler1
View Profile

Message To: Reptileruler1   In reference to Message Id: 2227975

* After 7 months without UV lighting.

07/07/11  07:17pm

Alliecat2
View Profile

Message To: Reptileruler1   In reference to Message Id: 2227976

I have the UV lighting and the basking light and everything else you are suppose to have for them. He started to move aound more today and he has turned green but he still will not open his eyes and he is not eating either.

07/07/11  11:03pm

Reptileruler1
View Profile

Message To: Alliecat2   In reference to Message Id: 2227990

well I don’t know what else could be wrong with him do you have the proper UV lighting like 8.0 or do you have a different kind. The only other thing I can think of is maybe his basking temperatures aren’t high enough or he has some kind of infection. although he could just be full and doesn’t want food. I haven’t kept swifts in a while maybe try asking around on the fence lizard forum it’s more active.

07/08/11  01:01pm

Back to Swifts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area