Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Swifts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Swifts Forum

Makusu the Ninja   Makusu the Ninja   RedGator   Ste123apoc   RedGator  
 Member  Message

Makusu the Ninja
View Profile

Giga the Spiny lizard.

Hey! I recently bought a Spiny lizard from a petstore near where I live. At first I thought she was a variation of a fence lizard and a half breed lizard. But upon further resaerch I found out she is a Spiny lizard. Let me tell you about her, Giga (Guy-GA) is about 5 inches (including her tail) and she is Gray in color with flecks of turqoius on her back and in spots on her face. I have checked and She is a girl.
So, Here is my question. I wanted To know if my current habitat is suitable for my lizard. I have a 20 gallon tank I keep her in. I use white repti-sand for substrate. I have a 10.00 watt UVB Bulb and lamp and a Heat lamp that I keep on the basking end of her cage. I have made do with some toy plants
and a cave that decorate the tank with. I feed Giga 3 times a week. Her main diet consisits of Crickets.
Once a week I powder her Crickets with Repti -vite. So, How am I doing.
Thanks,
Makusu the Ninja and Giga

01/29/11  10:32am

Makusu the Ninja
View Profile

Message To: Makusu the Ninja   In reference to Message Id: 2201710

Giga the Spiny lizard.

This forum has gone dead, hasn’t it?

02/05/11  09:56pm

RedGator
View Profile

Message To: Makusu the Ninja   In reference to Message Id: 2201710

Giga the Spiny lizard.

The first thing to know for sure is what species of spiny it is. Do you have any pictures that you can post? Many spiny lizards can look very similar to one another, but their requirements can be entirely different. By the way, whether or not the pet store called it a spiny, fence lizard, or Swift, doesn’t really matter because these names are sometimes used interchangeably. They’re all just different names for a group of lizards that are related (genus Sceloporus). If I had any idea what kind you have I might be able to make some recommendations on the habitat.

03/31/11  04:33pm

Ste123apoc
View Profile

Message To: RedGator   In reference to Message Id: 2212379

Giga the Spiny lizard.

Next time you buy a lizard do your research first!!!!! You shouldn’t buy something that 1= u not fully sure what it is and 2= how to take proper care of it.

05/18/11  07:00am

RedGator
View Profile

Message To: Ste123apoc   In reference to Message Id: 2219733

Giga the Spiny lizard.

Would help if more pet stores knew what animals they sold, and how to take care of them, too.

05/18/11  03:14pm

Back to Swifts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area