Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Swifts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Swifts Forum

Animalwiz   HerpsRox   Animalwiz   HerpsRox   Animalwiz   HerpsRox   Jared T   Animalwiz   Jared T   _Jd   Animalwiz   Alliebear123   Animalwiz  
 Member  Message

Animalwiz
View Profile

WANTED!!!

Any body know where I can get a baby swift? Thanks

07/25/09  09:49am

HerpsRox
View Profile

Message To: Animalwiz   In reference to Message Id: 2044985

WANTED!!!

there free if u look for them plz tell wich state u live in and i may be able to help u
herpsrox

07/25/09  07:17pm

Animalwiz
View Profile

Message To: HerpsRox   In reference to Message Id: 2045274

WANTED!!!

Indiana why you have any or know where I can get one

07/25/09  08:15pm

HerpsRox
View Profile

Message To: Animalwiz   In reference to Message Id: 2045311

WANTED!!!

if you have any rocks at your house the n check under there but i live in california so im not an expert there for tips type in northernfencelizard as shown it should be the first one but i dont know for you

07/25/09  10:21pm

Animalwiz
View Profile

Message To: HerpsRox   In reference to Message Id: 2045372

WANTED!!!

Yeah Ive already done that I have woods behind my house. My friend and I usually go out looken for critters. All we usually see are your squirrels and stuff like that. As well as lots of northern water snakes eastern milk snakes and your occasional turtle and five lined skink.

07/26/09  09:19am

HerpsRox
View Profile

Message To: Animalwiz   In reference to Message Id: 2045521

WANTED!!!

ever wen u went in the woods did u ever see a fence lizard or a lizard.

07/26/09  10:47am

Jared T
View Profile

Message To: Animalwiz   In reference to Message Id: 2045521

WANTED!!!

When I had nothing better to do I used to catch these lizards all day.

Fence lizards are fast, and they can sense a predator far away. These lizards hang on tree stumps, whether the trees are dead or alive. and when they sense a predator, they generally run to the other side of the tree so quick that you won’t even see them from a distance, and when approached, they will then in turn run up the tree. It’s best to not catch these by yourself because it can indeed become a real pain.

Every fence lizard have seen I have seen on trees. Never rocks.

07/26/09  10:59am

Animalwiz
View Profile

Message To: Jared T   In reference to Message Id: 2045563

WANTED!!!

always seen five lined skinks. I have done some research thought. I came apon some thing called a rankin dragon. What it is is a dwarf bearded dragon. They grow to about 10 inches. Im very interesed in them. Heck I might order one tonight who knows. By the way dose anyone know how to delete post on here.thanks

07/26/09  11:19am

Jared T
View Profile

Message To: Animalwiz   In reference to Message Id: 2045570

WANTED!!!

Why would you want to delete a post? If the webmaster feels it should be deleted he will delete it. or you could contact him and ask him to delete it.

07/26/09  11:21am

_Jd
View Profile

Message To: Jared T   In reference to Message Id: 2045572

WANTED!!!

animal wiz, what’s with your name? These guys are easy to catch if you know a little about the how they behave and the reasons they do things. Just order what you want or shop around a few pet stores and pick your favorite pet out of that selection that you can properly care for.

Jared, don’t hate on the rocks!! We have large white dolomite rocks in our front and side yard as decoration with a cactus garden. The rocks are very common in my area of nc & like ours, most of these decorative rocks have actually been dug up and washed off, sometimes even polished to be used in the yard. Outside, the fence lizards in the area love them, and bask on them daily. Still, if you attempt to approach one, most of them they scurry up a nearby tree or dart across the yard & underneath an old oak cross tie. Another strange/interesting tidbit that I can’t exactly figure out, is why they dislike these rocks inside. I’ve incorporated smaller dolomite chunks into my lizard tanks, but my two blue bellies always prefer the darkest rock in the cage. Most likely has something to do with temperature and light differences.

I don’t think you can delete and edit any past post in any way on this forum. It’s not an issue if you are simply conscientious of what you type and punctual with your words. JT, chill he’s just asking. He probably wants to know about deleting posts for spelling and grammar mistakes, or stupid questions/statements. I know people who post in other parts of forums who could benefit from such a feature.

09/04/09  06:26am

Animalwiz
View Profile

Message To: _Jd   In reference to Message Id: 2067476

WANTED!!!

Ok first of the name Animalwiz is because I am basicly a animal freak. I plan on getting a doctoret in zoology and becoming a zoologist. I know either alot or atleast a little bit of every basic type of animals. Not neccicarly species in particular but like reptiles in general and mammals. Also I got a baby leopard gecko about a month ago. His name is Zee and he is a mac snow. Hes about 2 months old. This forum is about 3 months old

09/04/09  04:08pm

Alliebear123
View Profile

Message To: Animalwiz   In reference to Message Id: 2044985

WANTED!!!

If you want to catch a baby thats good, they have less experience. They are fast but dont know they’re own surroundings. Babies are harder to tame when in the wild, these lizards are also called fence lizards or blue belly lizards or west or eastern fence lizards. But if you cant find any there at your house, go two a freinds house that has alot of rocks. I also live in california, great place for them, found EVERYWHERE!!!!!

12/02/09  08:59pm

Animalwiz
View Profile

Message To: Alliebear123   In reference to Message Id: 2100942

WANTED!!!

As reapeted before this post is about 5 months old now. I have a now 5 month old mac snow leo. He is doing fine and I now hope on getting a baby bearded dragon soon. Still doing some research. Please read the whole post. Also I do not believe in keeping wild caught animals.

12/03/09  06:55pm

Back to Swifts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area