Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Swifts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Swifts Forum

Bluebellyluver2009   Jared T   Alliebear123   Jared T  
 Member  Message

Bluebellyluver2009
View Profile

Are my blue belly eggs dying?? help!!!

Hey guys. I recently had a female blue belly lizard lay eggs. I picked them up and put them in a glad container with dirt. I have been spraying water on them to keep them moist. However, they are shriviling up like raisins and I dont know how to stop it! Please help me out! Oh before I forget, they have been turning into a peach-ish pinky color is that bad??

06/25/09  08:33pm

Jared T
View Profile

Message To: Bluebellyluver2009   In reference to Message Id: 2028970

Incubate eggs around 80 degrees while keeping them moist through ’humidity’ and moist vermiculite. Spraying the eggs directly could in fact drowned the embryos and cause the eggs to mold. I would suggest putting the eggs in moist vermiculite, while not turning them at all. Preferably put the eggs so that only a third of the egg is out of the vermiculite, i.e. the top of the egg.

06/26/09  03:46pm

Alliebear123
View Profile

Message To: Bluebellyluver2009   In reference to Message Id: 2028970

The eggs are not firtle...... I know because my lizard eggs did that. like raisins... You are doing the right thing, but the eggs did not get firtle by the male.

12/02/09  08:53pm

Jared T
View Profile

Message To: Alliebear123   In reference to Message Id: 2100940

There’s a chance that the eggs were fertile, but with spraying the eggs with water indeed drowns the babies inside.... Never never never spray the eggs with water!

12/04/09  01:43am

Back to Swifts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area