Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Swifts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Swifts Forum

Weecreekers   Weecreekers   Metalsapo   Amphibiandude   Libz  
 Member  Message

Weecreekers
View Profile

My Swift is really mad at me!

All I did was clean his cage. Maybe it was because I was talking on the phone and not there "in the moment" with him but, boy, did he do the mad dance and then got on the top of the cage and wouldn’t get off for a day and a half! I just left him alone of course but I’ve not seen him hold a grudge like that before. Poor guy!

05/05/08  10:37pm

Weecreekers
View Profile

Message To: Weecreekers   In reference to Message Id: 1726555

He is still mad! He is shedding, and looks quite beautiful but when I walk in the room, for some reason, he has a meeting underground! I’m so bummed!

05/11/08  01:20am

Metalsapo
View Profile

Message To: Weecreekers   In reference to Message Id: 1731623

Do not try to change the swift, if you want him to change at you, you must change at first.
Try to satisfy the behavior he is showing.
For example, i have a turniptailed gecko, and i cant touch him yet, but in readings i learned that this type of geckos show to feel great when you see them once a day, and all night, so, he started to show himself after we got what he needed, temperature, space, hiding spot, water, food, and something to chase, like a bounch of crickets, its a small steped proces, and remember to show him that you are food supply, and take advantage of that, try to get closer and closer, maybe u give the safe feeling to him and accept food from his master.
I used to have a Emerald swift too, they are great friends, try cleaning the tank all days, or just make him know you are arounnd to feed him, i used to bath my emerald swift with warm water once a month.
Died with the toxins from a red insect i cought, my foult.

EO

05/22/08  01:11am

Amphibiandude
View Profile

Message To: Metalsapo   In reference to Message Id: 1742898

ouch

05/27/08  08:44am

Libz
View Profile

Message To: Weecreekers   In reference to Message Id: 1726555

thats weird! Mine hasnt done that and i hope she never does. But if she does i hope someone has some advice I could use. Thanks for sharing!

06/19/08  03:03pm

Back to Swifts Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area