Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Spiders Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Spiders Forum

Reptilerancher757   Monitor_guy3113   Gschram   Reptilerancher757  
 Member  Message

Reptilerancher757
View Profile

Rose hair

what is a day in the life of a rose hair tarantula ... all mine seems to do is hide in her burrow..i feed her dubia roaches and offer 6 inches of echo earth and a bunch of hides.. shes never out i never see any trash like i read they dispose of outside off there burrow or somewhere. is she acting normal. i keep reptiles tarantulas have grabbed my attention recently

10/24/11  09:02pm

Monitor_guy3113
View Profile

Message To: Reptilerancher757   In reference to Message Id: 2241834

Rose hair

Pretty much. Happy tarantulas are ones that are pretty much doing nothing.

10/25/11  02:47pm

Gschram
View Profile

Message To: Reptilerancher757   In reference to Message Id: 2241834

Rose hair

If the rosehair isnt eating, it is most likely in pre-molt. However, if you first got it, it may just be getting used to its environment. If neither of these apply, it could just be comming out at night. Even if none of this applies, it is quite common for tarantulas to do this. they are solitary animals and prefer to keep to themselves.

10/28/11  02:08pm

Reptilerancher757
View Profile

Message To: Gschram   In reference to Message Id: 2242209

Rose hair

woke up to devastation ...upside down and not moving ...had to go to work so i couldn’t mess with her now... thinking it was dead i was pretty bummed. come home to Prudy new tarantula.. she was molting. and now shes good as ever. i felt so dumb because as soon as i opened up a book bam right there. when molting turns on back almost seeming dead. thanks for the help much appreciated

11/02/11  11:17pm

Back to Spiders Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area