Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Spiders Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Spiders Forum

Getscared   EvilTrailMix   Getscared   EvilTrailMix  
 Member  Message

Getscared
View Profile

Getting a tarantula. Want advice!

Im getting my first tarantula in Feb. at the next repcon. I know the best begginer spider is a rose hair but those are just so ugly lol

I dont really intend on handleing the thing. I just want something thats nice to look at

I will be housing it in a storage bin (ill buy whatever size the spider needs) until I get a new cage for my snakes then he will moved to a twenty gallon tank.

So considering: I dont want to handle it, just want something pretty. Im willing to spend time and money on his enclosure, bc i want it to be pretty. I have experience caring for other pets but not spiders. Any suggestions on the species i should get?

01/17/11  10:49am

EvilTrailMix
View Profile

Message To: Getscared   In reference to Message Id: 2198921

Brachypelma smithi and Aphonopelma seemanni are both gorgeous in my opinion, although it may be biased. ;) They’re both good for beginners (easy care, non-aggressive), but mine startled easily so I wouldn’t recommend handling. Also, Avicularia versicolor is beautiful and you can handle that one if you’d like!

01/19/11  03:24am

Getscared
View Profile

Message To: EvilTrailMix   In reference to Message Id: 2199369

thanks!
Oh my goodness that last one is GORGEOUS. Ill keep an eye out for one of those!

01/19/11  12:55pm

EvilTrailMix
View Profile

Message To: Getscared   In reference to Message Id: 2199420

They really are! I love the younger ones in their blue phase. Definitely a species I will get again!

01/19/11  11:47pm

Back to Spiders Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area