Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Spiders Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Spiders Forum

Hedy   Hedy   Toadsrule   Meatloafpastel   MadDog8665   Razzberry   Aearthchild   BRUTALrazberry   Monitor_guy3113  
 Member  Message

Hedy
View Profile

Can someone tell me what kind of spiders these are?

We go camping at Badin Lake and Uwharrie River (both in Elderado, North Carolina) a lot during the summer. The last time we were at Badin, I saw this spider where we were camping out and it scared the devil out of me. (I am terrified of spiders) My dog was walking towards me a good 6 or 7 feet from this spider. He/she raised up at him like it was going to bite him. It even ran at my dog. It just seemed VERY aggressive without being provoked. I would NEVER try to mess with one so it wasn’t from us doing anything to it. I just want to know what it is.

The next one was taken Saturday night when we were camping at Uwharrie River. I don’t know if it makes a difference but we don’t stay in camp grounds. We do the primitive camping. (someone told me there are more spiders in camp grounds. I don’t see that as being true. They are pretty much everywhere) Anyway, I was getting a soda out of the cooler and she popped out at me. I say she because I think those little things on her back are babies!! The picture doesn’t do her justice. this spider was HUGE. Larger than a 50 cent pc.

08/10/10  07:17am

Hedy
View Profile

Message To: Hedy   In reference to Message Id: 2168328

I’m sorry. Here is a better pic. of the 2nd spider. I didn’t realize how small the 1st pic. was.

08/10/10  07:21am

Toadsrule
View Profile

Message To: Hedy   In reference to Message Id: 2168330

i’m not all that good with identifying spiders but in the second pic the smaller spider looks like a grass spider. which is harmless. but like i said i’m not that good with this stuff. i only believe it’s a grass spider cuz my mom had one in her shoe a while back and ppl told me it was a grass spider. this is a pic of the one that was in her shoe.

08/12/10  10:21am

Meatloafpastel
View Profile

Hello the pure black one is a purse web spider and the other two look like wolf spiders

09/23/10  07:41pm

MadDog8665
View Profile

Message To: Meatloafpastel   In reference to Message Id: 2177068

I agree, not too sure about the bigger black one, but the smaller brown one definitely looks like a Wolf Spider. Harmless, but still hurts like hell when it bites you. Leaves one nasty mark! Not as bad as the bigger I imagine though LOL

10/04/10  11:14pm

Razzberry
View Profile

Message To: MadDog8665   In reference to Message Id: 2179108

Well the Top one Looks like some kind of Trap Door Spider.
2nd one looks like a Wolf with babies.

03/23/11  07:02pm

Aearthchild
View Profile

The first one looks like a trape door spider. But i don’t know what the second one is.

08/14/11  11:48pm

BRUTALrazberry
View Profile

Message To: Aearthchild   In reference to Message Id: 2232860

First one Some kind of Tarp door.
others- They both look like Wolf Spiders, Might Rabid Wolf Spiders.

08/17/11  09:29pm

Monitor_guy3113
View Profile

Message To: BRUTALrazberry   In reference to Message Id: 2233169

Okay everyone does realize this post is now a year old right? Yes the first black spider is a PURSE WEB SPIDER. A female at that, and yes the next two are wolf spiders.

08/18/11  09:51am

Back to Spiders Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area