Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Spiders Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Spiders Forum

LadySphinx   EvilTrailMix   LadySphinx   1baikim  
 Member  Message

LadySphinx
View Profile

Brazilian salmon pink bird eater not eating

I have had my Brazilian salmon pink bird eater for about 2 months now. It ate two crickets the first week after I got it and it has not eaten again its only about an inche. I have offer it food every once a week now. Temp and humidity in its cage seems fine, should I worry. It’s my first T so I don’t know if it’s ok. I haven’t bought a book on it yet but got some care sheets of the net. My husband came home with it during a lunch break say " look what I got". Uselly I buy the book first read it and the go out and buy the pet. But I haven’t been able to get a book on T’s yet. Ordered one and waiting for it.

06/25/10  11:25am

EvilTrailMix
View Profile

Message To: LadySphinx   In reference to Message Id: 2158347

Are the temp and humidity what they’re supposed to be? Have you got the cage set up right? I’ve never had that species so I can’t tell you offhand what its requirements are. That’s your responsibility as the owner. If you’ve got some caresheets and you’re following them, things ought to be Ok.

The most likely reason it has stopped eating is because it’s going to molt. Just keep offering food once a week, but remove the cricket if it doesn’t take it. If your spider molts and there’s a loose cricket in the tank, it will be the end of your T.

Good luck with the little guy!

06/25/10  09:02pm

LadySphinx
View Profile

Message To: EvilTrailMix   In reference to Message Id: 2158507

Ok. It Molted last Saturday and ate one cricket yesterday as soon as I offered my feel a lot better now. I have the care sheets and my setting a correct but there is nothing that can prepare you for having a T for the first time even keep some more common spiders. How regular should it be offered food they all give different advise.

07/02/10  03:22pm

1baikim
View Profile

Message To: LadySphinx   In reference to Message Id: 2160014

Others may or may not agree with this, but I give mine about 8 large crickets a week and he does just fine

10/14/10  02:44am

Back to Spiders Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area