Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Small-Animals Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Small-Animals Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Glosbabes   Loverohorses   Glosbabes  

Member  Message

Glosbabes
View Profile

There’s a hole in my gerbil Max’s stomach.

When i found out, it was about a month ago (end of mach), i burst into tears,it was a big shock. The hole was around 1 centimetre length and width when i first saw it. Now its around 2 1/2 to 3 centimetres. I haven’t been to the vet, because he is really old and he might die anyway. He is about 4 yeas old but he is still quite energetic. Is there anything I can do at home? I have another gerbil Alex but i don’t suspect him for anything. The hole is not bleeding and he is eating and drinking well, but he is getting thin. He is grooming well and i am changing his cage about once a month. He runs upstairs and downstairs, but i don’t let him out of the cage, he limps and i don’t think its good for him to run about.

04/29/13  10:09am

Loverohorses
View Profile

Message To: Glosbabes   In reference to Message Id: 2296494

There’s a hole in my gerbil Max’s stomach.

For his sake, bring him to the vet!!!!!!!!!!!! My rabbit had a hole on the back of his neck and died because I didn’t bring him.

04/29/13  12:25pm

Glosbabes
View Profile

Message To: Loverohorses   In reference to Message Id: 2296507

There’s a hole in my gerbil Max’s stomach.EMERGENCY!!

Hi I can’t, the hole is spreading, i really don’t know what to do. But if I could take him to the vet I would, so please is there anything else I can do?The hole has spread down his leg, it’s all pink and inflated and he is not cleaning himself now and I am feeding him exactly the same! HELP PLEASE!

05/10/13  11:23am

Back to Small-Animals Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area