Small-Animals Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Small-Animals Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Sandboaking   The Lone Glider   Sandboaking   The Lone Glider  

Member  Message

Sandboaking
View Profile

Breeding feeder mice... Not happening!

Hi, I own a lot of snakes and I’m trying to breed mice. My rats are producing like crazy, but my mice have no drive. They just eat and get big and fat. And some of them constantly fight for absolutely no reason, they just wanna bite I guess. I’ve gotten mice from pet stores, breeders and reptile shows. Any advice?

07/31/12  10:35pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2275115

I use to breed mice and I put one male in with 2 females in a 20 Gallon long tank for a week then took him out, then put him back in a week and out a week like that till I noticed the females getting bigger. It worked well for me. they need three hides one for each mouse.. and I fed mine a pellet food with fresh foods daily. What are you feeding them? and are they in tanks? or what are they in? and how many females do you have for one male?

09/21/12  05:53pm

Sandboaking
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2281046

Well, I think the temperature was too high for them. I moved the different groups to the cool basement and I’ve had a ton of new babies. The aggressive ones, I’ve found make better snake food than breeders, so I don’t even bother with them anymore. Thanks for the advice.

09/21/12  10:43pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Sandboaking   In reference to Message Id: 2281063

No problem! Always here to help!

10/03/12  05:48pm

Back to Small-Animals Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area