Small-Animals Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Small-Animals Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Gibson   Gibson   Owens Mom   Gibson   Owens Mom   Gibson   Owens Mom  

Member  Message

Gibson
View Profile

How do i care for two baby possums?

i caught two baby possums and one is a boy and one is a girls. how do i care for them

04/16/12  05:46pm

Gibson
View Profile

Message To: Gibson   In reference to Message Id: 2262963

please dont tell me that i shouldnt keep it as a pet just tell me how to take care of one

04/16/12  08:03pm

Owens Mom
View Profile

Message To: Gibson   In reference to Message Id: 2262991

Describe the babies. How big is each? How long? How round? Do each have a nice coat of fur? How do YOU distinguish between male and female? (possums are pretty big when they develop their pockets.....a good way to sex them). What are they eating? Or are they merely nursing from a bottle? Are they "bathrooming" sufficiently and with ease? Are they "talking" or "purring"? How active are they? Are they playful and affectionate? Let me know and maybe I can help you. Where are you? Maybe we are neighbors. Good wishes with your possies. They are wonderful animals and very affectionate and loving if cared for properly and fussed over alot. RSVP. (PS....do you still have the twins? are you looking for a new home for them?) Owen’s Mom

06/25/12  12:46am

Gibson
View Profile

Message To: Owens Mom   In reference to Message Id: 2271147

i let them go into the wild a month ago. they were brother and sister. the boy was wilbert and the girl was sara. they were very playfull. i still catch them in a live trap once in a while. P.S the livetrap doesnt hurt them.

07/02/12  03:41pm

Owens Mom
View Profile

Message To: Gibson   In reference to Message Id: 2271986

Sounds like you did the right thing by Wilbert and Sara. Where are you located? Do you find (catch) baby possums often? I am SERIOUSLY seeking a little one, preferably female.
FYI, one of my cats has your name, Gibson. He is named after Mel Gibson, however.
My possum went to Possum Heaven last October. I have been seeking another possum and hoped to have found one by now. My 65th birthday is Sun., 15 July (next week) and it does not look like I will get my birthday wish. Fooey.....FYI again, I live in upstate NY. Have a good day and enjoy Wilbert and Sara when you see them next. Susan

07/09/12  03:15am

Gibson
View Profile

Message To: Owens Mom   In reference to Message Id: 2272611

I live in lighthouse point fl, I only catch baby and medium sized possums in my live traps. I sometimes catch raccoons. On craigslist there are possum breeders and you can find a store that sells them. example in florida i live near a store called underground reptiles and bensiegles.

07/12/12  03:39pm

Owens Mom
View Profile

Message To: Gibson   In reference to Message Id: 2273058

Where is Lighthouse Point, FL? Near Pensacola? Somewhere on the Gulf Coast? Can hopefully travel there this fall. I’m looking for a baby possum (or 2....). She’s got to be very young and still in need of a bottle. My late possum arrived 24 June and she was about 4 weeks old and was the perfect age and size to train....she trained ME well ! I’m still looking and still praying that somehow a baby possum will show up on my doorstep this Sunday, 15 July, for my 65th birthday. I’m an eternal optimist ! Have a good day.

07/14/12  02:00am

Back to Small-Animals Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area