Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Small-Animals Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Small-Animals Forum

Kaylawayla09   KaleidoRats   Kaylawayla09   KaleidoRats  
 Member  Message

Kaylawayla09
View Profile

New baby mouse

my freinds had mice they caught outside as babies, raised them as pets and them had babies together, they gave one to me and its eyes are like shut together with crust and is very skittish, please tell me wat to do, i only know how to take care of my rats and lizards

08/30/11  10:08pm

KaleidoRats
View Profile

Message To: Kaylawayla09   In reference to Message Id: 2235123

New baby mouse

How old is it? Depending on how big it is you might be able to use eye drops to clean the eyes up. You might be able to use a very soft cloth or a tissue to lightly blot the eyes. I had a baby rat with an eye infection and this is what the vet had me do. I would suggest taking the baby into the vet to be sure though.

Wild mice generally stay skittish. They can be tamed down a bit but I’ve never had experience with them becoming as tame as pet mice. You’ll have to hold it a lot to tame it down.

09/01/11  09:12pm

Kaylawayla09
View Profile

Message To: KaleidoRats   In reference to Message Id: 2235378

New baby mouse

it actually looks a bit like a teenager mouse cause it has fur al over the body and eats grains, i did get a Q- tip and wet the end and dabbed it onn the eyes, and sure enough they were opened. thanks for your help!

09/03/11  02:29pm

KaleidoRats
View Profile

Message To: Kaylawayla09   In reference to Message Id: 2235555

New baby mouse

I would still consider a furred mouse a baby until they’re 2 months old but that’s just me XD Glad it worked!

09/04/11  12:50pm

Back to Small-Animals Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area