Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Small-Animals Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Small-Animals Forum

Scarletsnake   Scarletsnake   KaleidoRats   Scarletsnake  
 Member  Message

Scarletsnake
View Profile

Question a/b feeding mice

We’re going to be gone for a few days & I’m having trouble finding someone to watch my mice for me. My husband suggested giving them enough food to last until we get back but I’m worried the little pigs will just eat it all in one sitting & possibly die. One of them lives to eat & is already overweight. If I gave them only rodent blocks it’s less likely they’d overeat since they are picky & prefer seeds & other "junk food", but I’m still worried. Do any of you know if they will eat themselves sick if I do this??

06/10/11  03:42pm

Scarletsnake
View Profile

Message To: Scarletsnake   In reference to Message Id: 2223987

FYI we did find a mouse-sitter. If anyone wants to answer my question please go ahead anyway b/c I’m still curious! Thanks!

06/14/11  01:22am

KaleidoRats
View Profile

Message To: Scarletsnake   In reference to Message Id: 2224708

The rodent blocks probably would have worked. I have had to leave my rats and mice before for a few days so I doubled or tripled water bottles on the rat cages with more rats in them and gave them all extra food. I only have one rat that is a particular pig and none of my mice pig out but I would have suggested giving them something they’d have to gnaw at to make it last longer.

06/21/11  03:56am

Scarletsnake
View Profile

Message To: KaleidoRats   In reference to Message Id: 2225954

Thanks for the advice! You’re probably right about giving them something they have to work to eat.

06/22/11  10:16pm

Back to Small-Animals Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area