Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Small-Animals Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Small-Animals Forum

Ellagee   Amyers   Ellagee   PhantomWings   KaleidoRats  
 Member  Message

Ellagee
View Profile

Story Time - Share some of yours too!

So, I just feel like I need to tell someone about this... Post some of your own favorite furry friend stories ;D

So my rabbit always has free range of my bedroom. Well tonight he chewed through his babygate and went into the main part of my upstairs. My (2) dogs are thankfully the laziest things ever and have no idea this ever happened. We herded him back in (even though the outside didn’t seem to live up to his expectations anyway) and I put a /metal/ babygate up. Yeah. It was rather heart-pounding.
Just had to share. It’s late or I would have elaborated a tad more...

04/07/10  10:43pm

Amyers
View Profile

Message To: Ellagee   In reference to Message Id: 2139152

lmao what an adventure he had! would of ur dogs hurt him if they did know he was out? D: i hope not....!

04/09/10  12:53am

Ellagee
View Profile

Message To: Amyers   In reference to Message Id: 2139384

Possibly... It might have been more like chasing a car- what do they do when they catch it? lol
One’s a hound dog and the other is a terrier so small vermin are their specialty. lol
The one, actually, caught a rabbit during a walk. (I wasn’t there but it apparently was a baby so didn’t really run or anything... How sad.) But she picked it up then looked at my mother and just put it down and had her I-did-bad eyes... She knows I like my rabbit so she knows better...
The other one is so funny... Completely brainless without the other so I’ll put him in my room with me and the rabbit lol He just freezes up. The rabbit even walked up to him and put his front paws on his back to get a better sniff ^^ But if the other dog was there he would have gotten some confidence and possibly done something...
We’re hoping with the one dog dies (she is very old) we can let the smaller, dumber, dog and the rabbit hang out more... But of course we’ll have to see. I still have a theory that he’ll kill himself before living without the other dog...

04/10/10  02:36pm

PhantomWings
View Profile

Message To: Ellagee   In reference to Message Id: 2139641

Well. One time, I found my dog harassing a wild mouse. I got gloves to take it back out of my dog’s underground fence, and I saw the mouse was walking.... Sideways. I don’t think the injury was from the dog, I think the mouse had had it from birth, whatever the injury was. Then I brought into some trees, and he made a mouse hole while he was laying on his side. I wish I had kept him, because he hadn’t been afraid of me and made his hole beside where I was sitting. He was also VERY slow.

04/23/11  07:55am

KaleidoRats
View Profile

Message To: Ellagee   In reference to Message Id: 2139152

I have two stories actually. I’ve been up way too late so they’re the only ones I can think of right at this moment.

Anyway when I first got my mini rex, Sebastian, I introduced him to my cat. My cat, Goblin, isn’t one that really likes being around other animals but he doesn’t mind them either. He made friends with one of my rats even so introducing him to the rabbit didn’t worry me. Well it wasn’t Goblin who attacked. When he jumped on the bed to investigate the rabbit, Sebby growled at him, chased him off the bed, jumped to the floor and chased him out of my room. Goblin hasn’t gone near Sebby since. I was laughing so hard when it happened my roommate rushed in and asked what was so funny. I just couldn’t get over the humorous fact that the "poor, defenseless, little rabbit" as my mom called him, just chased off my 20lb cat.

The other story is about one of my mice I had a dark brown mouse up until a few months ago (he died of old age) that one day managed to escape from his cage. I hadn’t closed the door to my rodent room because I hadn’t had any animals escape in months so I was pretty confidant no one could get out of their cages. As I was checking on one of my girls that was housed in a nursery cage I heard my chihuahua, Adele, making funny sounds so I turned around and she was nose to nose with my little brown mouse. Her tail was wagging and she was happy as could be for having found him, I guess. She didn’t try to bite him or paw at him but she was blocking his escape from the room. I was able to scoop him up while he was sniffing at her and thankfully no one was hurt. She got a treat and was praised for being a good girl while my escapee mouse got a more secure cage where he lived out his life with no more escapes. XD

04/26/11  07:23am

Back to Small-Animals Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area