Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Small-Animals Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Small-Animals Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Flamingflower   GreySky   Ammeratsu   GreySky   Bamdy   Baja   Lani123   Bamdy   Lani123   Bamdy   Lani123   Baja   Bamdy   Lani123  

Member  Message

Flamingflower
View Profile

Sorry, but I’ve gotta rant...

http://www.furgifts.com/?p=79

This website posts reasons for wearing real fur that are utterly ridiculous! All the reasons listed are completely materialistic and selfish. Today’s world shouldn’t be about "keeping up with the Jones," as this article suggests is one of the reasons for choosing real fur, but rather about enjoying life through one’s own moral outlook and choices. They should add the suffering and death of creatures who are completely innocent as another compelling reason to buy real fur! Luxury, warmth, and perhaps even tradition is all found in faux fur. There are ways to prevent the mix up of accidentally buying real fur instead of faux all over the internet. Although I hope no one feels like they need to be the center of attention to the point that they must consciously know they are being watched by crowds of people, faux fur can create the same impression (most people can’t even tell it apart from real fur anyway). Fur is most definitely not "in"... in fact its been "out" for quite a while since the public had been informed on how brutally it was obtained. The argument that real fur can be weather proof has some merit, since it was once used by the animal to protect itself against the elements, but unless you don’t mind getting it soaking wet in the rain and smelling like a wet animal, I suggest you just go ahead and buy a nice umbrella. Buying real or fake fur is a consumers own option, but the truth needs to be out there and accessible so that consumers know exactly what went into the making of the items they purchase. Whoever was the author or this cockamamie article should stop forcing this garbage down the throats of consumers just because sales of real fur are falling in favor of a more environmentally/ethically geared product - which I call faux fur in this case. If anyone’s opinion differs from mine, so be it. But it really irks me when people have no interest in the death and suffering of anyone or anything. Anything to make a quick dollar!

10/30/09  04:26pm

GreySky
View Profile

Message To: Flamingflower   In reference to Message Id: 2090078

I agree. Some people shouldn’t be allowed to reproduce. (Like the person who wrote that article lol)

10/31/09  01:07am

Ammeratsu
View Profile

Message To: GreySky   In reference to Message Id: 2090229

I know this thread is a little old, but I thought I’d toss my two cents in.

Using the fur from an animal is a good thing, in a lot of cases. If you’re going to kill the animal, you should use all it’s parts. A lot of people eat things where fur comes from. Would you rather they killed it and just took it’s meat? Using the fur is a way of using all the parts if you’re going to kill it.

11/06/09  10:31pm

GreySky
View Profile

Message To: Ammeratsu   In reference to Message Id: 2092830

Quote:

Using the fur from an animal is a good thing, in a lot of cases. If you’re going to kill the animal, you should use all it’s parts. A lot of people eat things where fur comes from. Would you rather they killed it and just took it’s meat? Using the fur is a way of using all the parts if you’re going to kill it.

I agree 100% with that. But many, if not most fur animals are not eaten. Chinchillas are only used fur. Nobody uses the other parts. The same goes for minks.

11/08/09  03:42pm

Bamdy
View Profile

Message To: Flamingflower   In reference to Message Id: 2090078

it’s not only to make a dollar it helps keep history and part of people cultures alive, I recently started trapping, and skinning ect.. i dont get paid very much but its apart of my heritage and where i come from and i ENJOY it, not to mention whats going to happen when all these cyotee and bobcat attack more people they maybe cute and adorable but there deadly and dont care for our well being so why should we for them.... I know people that only do that because its all they know, if its so horribable why aint no one shitting on our ancsistors for creating this, so unless you want to take peoples culture away who cares it aint none of your buisinuss if people want to do that there not going to just stop because YOU think its bad, there are many ups and downs to it, so the argument goes on and on but at the end of the day im still scraping the fat off a cyotee or something, and until the law forbids that i dont think thats not going to stop.

03/11/12  08:38pm

Baja
View Profile

Message To: Bamdy   In reference to Message Id: 2258451

You enjoy it?

03/12/12  09:24pm

Lani123
View Profile

Message To: Bamdy   In reference to Message Id: 2258451

Bamdy... Oh my god!

Quote:

not to mention whats going to happen when all these cyotee and bobcat attack more people they maybe cute and adorable but there deadly and dont care for our well being so why should we for them....

If there minds it’s Live, eat, kill, drink, sleep, poo, live as long as possible doing that, then die. We as cruel humans, we have taken away lots of stuff from these poor creatures, so I think it is GREAT that there are people that care about them out there. You might love to shoot the **** out of them, that’s your problem. Fit into there shoes. We have taken down the trees they live in, the land they own, and the homes, the family EVERYTHING!

Quote:

it aint none of your buisinuss if people want to do that there not going to just stop

We have rights. And so we have rights to try to stop the horrible things, and rid of horrible people like you. A person has to KILL another someone to get killed them self. All a dog does is BITE someone, them they get taken to a scary place, get rated by a dog trainer. Then die a horrible death.

Quote:

im still scraping the fat off a cyotee or something, and until the law forbids that i dont think thats not going to stop.

People like this. The law will not stop people like this. Not 100 years ago. Not today. Not 100 years from not.

03/13/12  12:04am

Bamdy
View Profile

Message To: Lani123   In reference to Message Id: 2258612

#1 how the do you know what’s going on inside the minds of an animal?
#2 at no point have i said i love to shoot them, it’s better then leaving them in a trap to suffer...
#3 " we as cruel humans" have evolved over the years to get to the point were at today, we are "animals" as well, so why aint no one trying to stop them from eatting each other? so why cant we kill and eat them so what if we use the pelts to make clothing and what not atleast its not going to waist.
#4 I agree it is great that people care about them, im one of the people, its not like the animals im getting are endangered.
#5 all they do is bite, alright go explain that the girls family who just recently got killed by a coyote ,try and tell them all they do is bite, and i don’t know about you but if i had a choice to get bite by a coyote or kill the thing id be putting the bullet right between the eyes.

03/13/12  04:48pm

Lani123
View Profile

Message To: Bamdy   In reference to Message Id: 2258678

OK, you have some good points in there. I for one think we owe them one enough to spare some oh their lives though... I’ll try more later. I have to take care of the animals that I own.

03/13/12  06:03pm

Bamdy
View Profile

Message To: Lani123   In reference to Message Id: 2258687

Yes, i agree i dont just go killing anything i see, when i go trapping is mostly for the department of highways/ differnt places where they have coyote around the area people work and around natrual gas lines, just today i went to check some for a water-shed in the next town over for mine because beaver have been damming up there water ways, so its really only trapping animals that are causing a problem or that pose a threat to people and there pets/live stock health...

03/13/12  07:23pm

Lani123
View Profile

Message To: Bamdy   In reference to Message Id: 2258696

Well, that makes sense.

03/13/12  09:48pm

Baja
View Profile

Message To: Lani123   In reference to Message Id: 2258721

Well the coyote bear thing etc..... is reasonable if it tried to attack something or someone. I know those animals can be frightening because I’ve gotten stalked by cougars a few times in Rocky Mountain National Park.

03/15/12  06:30pm

Bamdy
View Profile

Message To: Baja   In reference to Message Id: 2258945

they dont really try to attack you, they DO, people around where i live treat them as harmless pets, that they feed then what happens when you stop feeding him? hes not going to be too pleased, and a hungry coyote aint going to stop til he’s dead or full.

03/16/12  07:10pm

Lani123
View Profile

Message To: Bamdy   In reference to Message Id: 2259083

I don’t know why you’re obsessing over coyotes. They are as small as a medium dog... But yes, people should not be feeding wildlife, that’s just asking for trouble!

03/17/12  01:23pm

Back to Small-Animals Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area