Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Skinks Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Skinks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Allielover   Takahiro111   Allielover   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Allielover
View Profile

Berber skink reluctant too eat? help please!

For the last 4-5 months he has been reluctant too eat much. Before this he was eating every 2-4 days. Mostly super worms. Now he will only take an occasional cricket and the "JumpStart" food I force feed him with a syringe. If I don’t notice him eat or food disappearing I feed him this after about 2-3 weeks, when he starts to get thin.

I don’t want to foce him for the rest of his life.

He now will rarely eat super worms or crickets, like a couple a month. He won’t touch horn worms or earth worms either. He’s never had interest in any plant matter. Iv had him a year.

I desperately need food ideas and ways to encourage him tool eat on his own.

Thank you

03/17/15  12:20am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Allielover   In reference to Message Id: 2312786

Try other insects...dubia roaches come in different sizes and are wayyyyy better than crickets and they don’t smell like them either. If your lizard is going off feed and loosing weight take a fecal sample(fresh one) to the vet for a parasite test.

03/17/15  07:54am

Allielover
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2312787

He just started eating normally again last week. Only crickets :-P . he still won’t touch fruit/vegetables. Any tips for getting him too eat those? Will it affect his health if he never eats them?

04/07/15  12:17am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Allielover   In reference to Message Id: 2313090

It won’t affect his health...yo can try cutting them in little pieces and put some bugs in it I tried this for my lizards another thing I did was feed them their monthly rat but I stuffed the fruit and veggies in its mouth after thawed it and they ate it without reconigizing.

04/07/15  01:41am

Back to Skinks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area