Skinks Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Skinks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Allielover   Ladylovelylizards   Reptilelover7   Allielover   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

Allielover
View Profile

Crocodile skinks?

How are their personalitys normally? I love the look and know I can care for them but I’ll consider other small too medium skinks. They just need to have a fairly mellow personality with handling, a skitsh runny lizard I can deal with but I don’t want anything that tends to jump away like most geckos.

I have the following

Northwestern alligator lizards(2 female, 4 male)(very handlable)
Male Berber skink (moody)
Male Long tailed grass lizard (normaly can only hold when he’s mostly asleep)
Female Leopard gecko( fairly mellow)
Male gargoyle gecko ( sits nice then trys to escape and jump)

I want more personality’s like the allies they’re like minigreat beardies in personality but iv been trying to get more for 2 years with no luck. So I’m up to try something new.

01/03/15  05:51pm

Ladylovelylizards
View Profile

Message To: Allielover   In reference to Message Id: 2311639

Crocodile skinks?

Hmmm are you set on a certain kind of lizard that would prefer like skinks or gecko, iguanas monitors tegus so on. I know loads about many different types of lizards. However I owns 3 right now a crested gecko a skink and a green iguana... I’m green iguana has a pretty good personality I know 3 other people with green iguana they work well if you put lots of time and effort into them... However if you’re looking for some kind of skink i have done loads of research and chatting with people that i hear northern blue tongue skink are very docile. As far as geckos I have a crested gecko she’s still quite younge not even a year yet and she very mellow I can sit her up on my shoulder and go do chores while she climbs around on me and we quite enjoy that time together.. I also have a skink its a common sun skink he’s fairly small I haven’t had him very long or have worked with him much but he’s missing part of one his legs I got him that way he’s quite skid dish but we’ve gotten to where he’ll climb into my hand if I’m wearing a glove or have a rag over my hand he’ll let me hold him in the glove for about 7-8 minutes at a time before he starts getting fussy about being handled... I honestly if I were you would look into all my many possibilities and research and find out as much as you can to find which one is right for you. Good luck!

01/04/15  11:24pm

Reptilelover7
View Profile

Message To: Allielover   In reference to Message Id: 2311639

Crocodile skinks?

Are you willing to sell a male and a female crocodile lizard for 25 a piece

01/21/15  01:58pm

Allielover
View Profile

Message To: Reptilelover7   In reference to Message Id: 2311983

Crocodile skinks?

I’d love if I could get crocodile skinks that cheap! I’d be lucky if I could get an adult pair for under 600$. The few possible suplyers iv tryed have all been dead ends. I’m looking for breeders of docile smaller lizards that will ship too BC Canada. There are many lizards I like and have looked into getting, but the real constraint is finding someone who will send me reptiles.

I’m pretty much interested in contacting anyone who may send me reptiles that don’t get too big. For lizards prefer under two feet including tail and are generally docile. I also want a smooth green snake or a rough green snake. No suplyers for them here either. I don’t want anything super common like beardies or Leos.

Any links?

03/17/15  12:12am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: Allielover   In reference to Message Id: 2312785

Crocodile skinks?

CWD females hit 2’ and if you want a display snake rough/smooth green snakes are ok but their not a hands on reptile..I use to have one and he bite me every chance he got and they require quite some space with high humidity.

03/17/15  07:58am

Back to Skinks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area