Skinks Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Skinks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

BlueyBallz   Takahiro111   BlueyBallz   Takahiro111  

Member  Message

BlueyBallz
View Profile

Help please?! New baby bluey

Hey everyone, I just got my first blue tongue, it’s been just over a week. I have been offering him food everyday, he’s a little over a month old. He has taken the food almost everyday, and has a little bit of water every now and then. I sit there and talk to him through the glass and i move the bowl a little further in his cage every day. That’s worked good and he’s come further into the cage, but as soon as he’s done eating or hissing at me, checking me out and stuff, he goes right back in. So i only get to see him for about 10 minutes a day. Today i put my hand in the cage for the first time, just layed it there and tried not to move, he checked it out and bit it and stuff but i didn’t want to move so that he knew i wouldn’t hurt him, he eventually stopped biting and went back to hiding. I have also hand fed him twice. He hisses then quickly grabs the food. I just wanted to know if I’m moving at a good pace, and how i can continue to try and tame him, as well as anyones experience with new babies and how long it took them and steps they took to making sure their baby wasn’t scared anymore. I want him to bask and get his rays, but he just stays in hiding all day! Would really appreciate anybodies stories!!

07/27/13  08:38am

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: BlueyBallz   In reference to Message Id: 2299959

My lizards did the same when I just got them.Let him/her adjust to it’s habitat you got setup maybe a week or so then after he/adjusted to it’s tank put your hand in front of him/her never above thats how birds get them and every day move a little closer.If this don’t work he’s probably aggressive because how the people before you treated him/her like caging,handling,stress or the feeding methods they use.Your doing amazing remember it’s not your fault he/she is aggressive.
*This worked for my 2 juvenile chinese water dragons,agama but not my blue tailed skink or Haitian curly tailed swift!!!!!

07/27/13  11:35am

BlueyBallz
View Profile

Message To: Takahiro111   In reference to Message Id: 2299962

I took him out for the first time, he wasnt happy at first and was biting but he got really used to noise, and i walked around and stuff till eventually movement stopped peeing him off haha and he didnt bite my finger every time i put it in front of him, i hope things keep getting better, and i really hope he turns out to not just be pissy :( that would make me so sad, thanks for answering!!

07/27/13  04:14pm

Takahiro111
View Profile

Message To: BlueyBallz   In reference to Message Id: 2299971

Your welcome my curly tailed swift spike is the same way

07/28/13  11:18am

Back to Skinks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area