Skinks Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Skinks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Stephaniehaddrill   Reptilekeeper14  

Member  Message

Stephaniehaddrill
View Profile

HELP!! Is my skink dying??

Hello all...so I got a skink from a friend who no longer wanted it. I am pretty sure it is a Schneider skink aka Berber skink. We have had it for about 5 months no issues... It lives in this sand beeding bought from the pet store recommended for lizards. It has a small water dish in there but no UV light. I have been feeding it approx 8 crickets a week. Well just the other day I noticed there was a dead cricket in there and then I noticed the skink had a lump near what I guess you could consider the neck area.. I don’t know what it could possibly be. He seems to be struggling to breathe and keeps opening it’s mouth. It has been like this for days and I don’t know what to do. It is not eating anymore and I stuck it in a shallow dish with some water so that it could absorb some water and not dehydrate but I don’t know what else to do. I and my kids have grown to love "Larry" please help!

03/19/13  12:13pm

Reptilekeeper14
View Profile

Message To: Stephaniehaddrill   In reference to Message Id: 2294010

HELP!! Is my skink dying??

There are a lot of things you need to consider. First of all, do you use calcium sand? If it wasn,t, it could have inhaled some. Like many lizards, skinks need uv light to absorb nutrients from there food, so you need to add some right away. Those are just some problems your skink vould have, yoy need to get it to a herp vet ASAP.

03/26/13  05:41pm

Back to Skinks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area