Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Skinks Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Skinks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Herpseeker   The Lone Glider   Herpseeker   The Lone Glider   Herpseeker   The Lone Glider   Herpseeker   The Lone Glider   Herpseeker  

Member  Message

Herpseeker
View Profile

Interested in fire skink

i am interested in a fire skink, but i have no idea where to get one at. All the stores in my area sell the more popular lizards like bearded dragons, iguanas, geckos and water dragons. i asked all the pet stores in other towns if they ever get fire skinks in and they said very rarely do they get skinks. So i’m wondering if there is a breeder or website online that i can order a fire skink from that someone can recommend.

02/01/13  07:10pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Herpseeker   In reference to Message Id: 2291117

Interested in fire skink

LLLReptile has them. $30.00 plus shipping.

02/05/13  12:26am

Herpseeker
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2291327

Interested in fire skink

i saw that backwater reptiles has a fire skink for 24.99 plus 39.99 shipping so i don’t know which is a good deal i guess but i’m not getting one till late summer, but i don’t know if they will be sold around that time of year.

02/05/13  02:12pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Herpseeker   In reference to Message Id: 2291350

Interested in fire skink

I would not recommend BWR.. They do not take good care of their animals at all.. Most if not all have serious health issues or are DOA..

02/05/13  06:03pm

Herpseeker
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2291367

Interested in fire skink

Really? What about big apple herp? They have fire skinks for 39.99

02/07/13  05:46pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Herpseeker   In reference to Message Id: 2291548

Interested in fire skink

I’m not sure.. Never heard anything about them.. I only Order from LLLReptile.. Lol.. because I know they are good. I don’t order from other places because I already know about this place. If that makes sense.. Lol. Look for reviews.

02/07/13  06:19pm

Herpseeker
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2291552

Interested in fire skink

i read several reviews, some good some bad. According to one review they are store that is in new york or at least somewhere on the east coast and they ship their animals in from the mid-west. One of the biggest complaints was that they were very expensive not just with their animals but their supplies too. Some said their animals came to them in terrible shape others said animals, feeders and supplies all came in one piece and were in great shape. So i figure with the reviews i got about 60/40 chance i suppose and i don’t want to risk an animal’s health.

02/10/13  12:41pm

The Lone Glider
View Profile

Message To: Herpseeker   In reference to Message Id: 2291692

Interested in fire skink

if it were just supplies I’d say go for it, but you can’t really say that with a live animal.. It’s not fair to the animal. you could order some supplies from them and if you are pleased with that order the animal... I can ask around and see what other people have to say. and get back to you.

02/10/13  07:43pm

Herpseeker
View Profile

Message To: The Lone Glider   In reference to Message Id: 2291770

Interested in fire skink

thanks, i have a store nearby in another town that sells skinks sometimes but never fire skinks and they have some supplies there but they mainly focus on dog, cat and fish supplies, but they do sell exo terra stuff but i figure it’s better than the alternative which is buying stuff from them ( i don’t support petco, i bought bad worms, and bulbs there in the past and just haven’t gotten over it yet) if you hear of any other good reptile or herp online supply stores let me know too please i’ve found a couple i just don’t know what is the best one.

02/11/13  05:23pm

Back to Skinks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area