Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Skinks Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Skinks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Member  Message

Cixelsyd kniks
View Profile

Red eyed croc skink 40gal breeder plans. comments needed

hi im plannin on buildin a extravagant 40 gal breeder for red eyed skinks. i was wondering if any of you with personal exp. can help me in my prodject. comments advice opinions anything that will keep my 3 to 5 month future pets happy and thrive.

i plan on makin it almost exactly like there natural habitat. with that said. im planin on buildin a false bottom in two section of the tank. the left back n the bback right corner. by doin this there will almost 50 50 of land n water. now i kno everything i need to kno on how to build the false bbottom. n stuff with that. but here is what i need to kno.
1. plants that dont need much maintance n stay realativly small. and can handle high humidity.

2. also a plant thats like a tree. .

3. water depth. (major need to kno) i heard few inches but they live near water streams ect. so dont see why they cant have atleast 4 or 5 inches max. they get 10 inches for croc sake.

4. how many can i fit. i read 10 gals for every RECS.

5. what are those things ppl add to help with waste. lol (iopolis) something like that.

6. food. i read no crickets n roaches i read yes u can. i seen sheets say even new born pinkies (that shocked me) worms fish locust and beetles. please help me here. n if u can on how much these little guys consume. hope they not compactors like the bd.

7. did they ever breed on their own with out cycle changes made.

8. can i use a canister to make my stream. btw. i will drill 4 holes one under each false bottom n on in the pond area n one in the back left corner where i plan to have the stream come from.

9. what would be a good uvb/uva for all my plants

10. there are more questions to come as time goes by. but please feel free to msg me. thanks for the help n stuff in advance. i just want to be well knowledged for when i get them. :) thanks again

08/25/12  02:48am

Back to Skinks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area