Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Skinks Forum

Click Here To Register and Become A Member Of The RepticZone Family  

Back to Skinks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Getscared   Getscared   Getscared   Creptiles   Creptiles   Ranti_way   Cixelsyd kniks  

Member  Message

Getscared
View Profile

Red eyed croc skinks??

There is not a care sheet here. so here is the tiny amount ive gather on them

cost 40-80 dollars
temps 60-80?
space- 10-20 gal for a few of them
they vocalize and dont like too much handling.
humidity????

Anyone have any experience with these? I really think I want one (some) expecially if they need no more space than a 10/20 gallon sized tank.
So lets talk about them and share some pics!?
:)

01/23/11  12:22pm

Getscared
View Profile

Message To: Getscared   In reference to Message Id: 2200519

Red eyed croc skinks??

psh whereever I read the size of enclosure was full of crap lol. So they get pretty big(10 inches?). Do they prefer to be solotary or in groups i wonder

01/23/11  12:25pm

Getscared
View Profile

Message To: Getscared   In reference to Message Id: 2200521

Red eyed croc skinks??

aha so there is a caresheet.
*feels silly commenting on my own post* lol Ive answered most of my own questions now so how about some pictures? XD

01/23/11  12:38pm

Creptiles
View Profile

Message To: Getscared   In reference to Message Id: 2200523

Red eyed croc skinks??

Yes theses are really awesome lil guys. I have heard you can keep a pair in a 20gl but I love to over size my pets and got my pair in a 50gl. Mine don’t mind bein handled and love to climb up my arm when I do hold them. Just got a make sure there ok with being held or they could jump off and hurt there selfs. Also the younger ones won’t like to be held and will mostly act dead when you try to hold them and there very veryyyyyyy good at it! Ha but yea there really awesome Lizzies also they do like cold temp and are nocturnal witch means you won’t see them unless you hold them , they’ll be sleepin under some hides all day. But yea any questions feel free to ask. I’ll post some pics in another post

01/23/11  01:04pm

Creptiles
View Profile

Message To: Creptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2200525

Red eyed croc skinks??

There they are along with there 50gl I hand made for them. Hope you enjoy

01/23/11  01:28pm

Ranti_way
View Profile

Message To: Getscared   In reference to Message Id: 2200519

Red eyed croc skinks??

their scientific name is tribolonotus gracilis. i have mine almost a year now, her name is dila. not very vocal, only vocals when she feels uncomfortable or threatened and very calm when handled. love to soak in her pool. i give her crickets and she eats 1 a day. 1 every 2-3 days when its close to pre-sheading and eats alot after sheading. always keep your tank humid coz in the wild they live in wet places like near rivers and lakes.

02/03/11  12:59am

Cixelsyd kniks
View Profile

Message To: Creptiles   In reference to Message Id: 2200525

Red eyed croc skinks??

hi. i as well have been interested in thiese lil guys/girls. lol. great setup btw. i have been searcing all over for good care sheets on them. but nothing i find is consistent. i have a 40gal breeder that i used for my bd but long story. anyway i broke the bottom of it tryin to remove grouted tile. but i was wonderin...

1. after i replace it with acrylic can i use a canister filter to make a stream/pond.

2. how deep can i make the water.. plan on puttin small fish in it.

3. can i fit 1 m n 2 f in this if i put alot of hides.

also it will have a section of fb for planting of live plants.

4. what are safe plants.

i am plannin on buildin an gettin it fully established befor i get them. which will be a few months. so i am lookin for the most info i can possibly cram into my brain before then. sorry to post such a long reply. but couldnt msg u directly. jus joined now. lol

08/25/12  02:20am

Back to Skinks Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area