Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Site Suggestions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Site Suggestions Forum

Xkabx   Webmaster   Xkabx   Webmaster   Xkabx  
 Member  Message

Xkabx
View Profile

Had an idea

hey doug i had an idea the other day reading a post that i swear ive read a thousand times. if you could some way put a frequently asked questions post in each category maybe keep it at the top, let people post there, what i mean is say in ball pythons how many people post and ask about shedding and how to make them shed, or eat. if you had a frequently asked questions (faq)at the top of each category maybe instead of asking the same questions people would read the faq and not even need to post. this would probably be a ton of work i know, as what im thinking is each different category would need one and youve got a ton of seperate categories but you could put all basic info in each of these an eliminate multiple posts about how to get my bp to shed, or what should my temps be like, or how often do i feed... i hope ive explained this well enough for you to consider because i think it would help newcomers and even seasoned herpers, say they want a new breed of snake they go to that category and read the faqs anything not in there they wanna know then they post there questions. like i said prolly alot of work but if you put the faq post im sure people who often visit this site would help by filling them in. use it if you wanna, if you dont i understand, either way i love this site and so do all my pets

10/17/11  02:47pm

Webmaster
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2240872

Had an idea

Hello Xkabx,

If we can get everybody on the same page and put something together, I have no problems with working something like this out. What is your suggestion on how we can put this together?

Thanks
Doug - Webmaster

10/17/11  02:55pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Webmaster   In reference to Message Id: 2240874

Had an idea

like i said earlier maybe keep it at the top in each individual category as for filling it with info thats the hard part, that would be up to everyone, maybe you could message users that have been with your site for a while, asking them to feel free to add any input to these new topics. it would be kinda like a care sheet but with questions and answers about the very basics, but it would be open for additions.
maybe its a bad idea, people meet people here asking questions and im telling you to make something so no one interacts, could work but is it worth it? like i said before i love this site and i wouldnt be offended if this idea died right here, the site doesnt need it, just seemed like a good idea when it hit me.

10/17/11  06:06pm

Webmaster
View Profile

Message To: Xkabx   In reference to Message Id: 2240903

Had an idea

Hello,

It’s not a bad idea. We just have to figure out a way to make it work. Even with a FAQ, people will still ask questions. We can keep the FAQ very simple. I track the searches per forum and I can find out what most people are asking. We have the care sheet section as well, but a Q&A with the basics may help some hobbyists with the foundations of keeping herps. We’ll figure something out.

Thanks
Doug - Webmaster

10/18/11  03:17pm

Xkabx
View Profile

Message To: Webmaster   In reference to Message Id: 2241021

Had an idea

glad you like it, it may be helpful, anything i can do to help let me know.

10/18/11  03:45pm

Back to Site Suggestions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area