Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Site Suggestions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Site Suggestions Forum

Evangelion Pilot   Mama42   Animommy   Webmaster   Mama42  
 Member  Message

Evangelion Pilot
View Profile

A sticky at the top of this page.

You know, I have seen the same suggestions come up many times on this forum, like an edit button, avatars, signatures, and most of all the chat room. I’m thinking it might be helpful to have a sticky thread at the top of this page entitled "READ FIRST: Frequently Suggested Ideas" that has an FAQ about all these things that keep coming up over and over again. I am willing to listen to any input from other members as well.

06/30/07  05:42pm

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: Evangelion Pilot   In reference to Message Id: 1340801

how about a sticky for each forum...like an ’enclosure’ post that stays at the top in some of the lizard or snake forums, so we dont have to go looking for it. i know ive read ppl asking to look at enclosures built by those ppl..........

07/01/07  01:11am

Animommy
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1341315

i AGREE-i am SO TIRED of ppl coming on forums and asking the SAME questions routinely, instead of just reading thru the posts!

10/05/07  09:52pm

Webmaster
View Profile

Message To: Evangelion Pilot   In reference to Message Id: 1340801

Hello,

I know I am late on this thread as well.

Evangelion Pilot
Signatures and Avatars is not really on my current list of things to do. We are primarily for information and people seem to get carried away with the avatars and sigs. When I wrote the database in the early days I did leave database space to do this. It is also one more thing for me to regulate and watch. Which takes away from some other things I have to do to run RZ.

Edit buttons have come up several times. I haven’t made a decision on this. My account is the only account with this feature, so the script is there, but it is not designed for individual users at this time and I need to look into the best way to do this if I proceed with the idea.

Mama42
We do have a different type of sticky then normally seen in forums. They are not implemented on all the forums. You can see the iguana and bearded dragon forums have more detailed "sticky" type things. They are located in a small box on the right that says "Click for more info". When you click over you will see standard info and then specialized towards that forum like you mentioned. When we update we will move the "click for more info" to the space where it says "Get your personalized Charts...". Once again this is in attempt to keep the forums with a clean look and not have to scroll down 5-6 threads.

I have also been trying to get more members involved with providing information, but I usually come out falling short. I honestly have no problem with making a page with hobbyist’s enclosures and stuff like that. I think it would be beneficial to new and experienced hobbyists. I know after being in the hobby over 20 years I still like to see new ideas by hobbyists of all ages and experiences.

Animommy
Unfortunately this has been proven over and over. Doesn’t matter how many times you post information the same questions will still be asked. I may see it more often since I look through a broader range for forums. We can have 3 posts in the top 10 of a forum on the same topic and someone will still ask the same question. However I understand the frustration and it would be nice if members can either store threads that they can add to a thread later that are asking the question or store your own advice so you don’t have to repeatedly type up the same information over and over. That is a little hint of some new features we may be providing.

Anyway...I will look down the list more tomorrow and see about answering some of the other questions.

Thanks for your patience.
Doug - Webmaster

10/30/07  02:13am

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: Webmaster   In reference to Message Id: 1495452

OMG Doug!!! ive been a member for over a year and never noticed that!! its in the water dragon forum too lol. another blonde moment!!!!!

anyways, thanks for responding. i know your busy with work and all, so...not trying to bug ya lol. just thought i would use this fun forum hehe... kinda like the suggestion box at work lol.

i have, too, wondered if that would make the forum "messy" and then you would have a bunch of ’stickies" and that would be kinda irritating... so, anyways, which ever way is best

11/02/07  12:15am

Back to Site Suggestions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area