Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Site Suggestions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Site Suggestions Forum

Mama42   ReptileRodent   Mama42   Yexalen   Animommy   BTLorys   Mama42   Webmaster  
 Member  Message

Mama42
View Profile

Here another lol.......

i am just too excited about the new changes to come lol.

ok. how impossible..or would it not be a good idea..to be able to tell who was on? you know...like if we need to talk to a certain peeps, would that be a possibility???? b/c im always wondering when to post a ?? and who is on to answer. idunno...maybe under their profile. like on Yahoo

anyway...thanks. M-

05/26/07  04:42pm

ReptileRodent
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1294703

Here another lol.......

The only problem with this is that some people stated before that they leave the site up all the time. Then if someone posted to them, they might think they are being ignored. Otherwise it could be helpful.

05/27/07  02:49pm

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: ReptileRodent   In reference to Message Id: 1295500

Here another lol.......

thats true. didnt think of that...actually...i do that lol.

05/27/07  05:10pm

Yexalen
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1295641

Here another lol.......

I like it... like a little icon next to your name whenever it shows up that flashes "online" or something. Even if people leave the site up. It is still a good idea.

09/17/07  03:43pm

Animommy
View Profile

Message To: Yexalen   In reference to Message Id: 1447075

Here another lol.......

No, ive thought of that too-ALOT of other forums i belong to have a thing that says "users online" & it lists thier names & the # of people-i think its a really good idea

10/05/07  09:42pm

BTLorys
View Profile

Message To: Animommy   In reference to Message Id: 1468895

Here another lol.......

yeah these forums are pretty much getting a ONE on my scale of 1-10 of forums. It has abosolutley nothing to make me want to stay here. There are 1,000s of better choices out there

10/14/07  01:10pm

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: BTLorys   In reference to Message Id: 1478041

Here another lol.......

no. dont get me wrong. i like these forums! i just was trying to think of ideas since this forum was here

10/22/07  05:54pm

Webmaster
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1486687

Here another lol.......

Hello,

I have ran the scenario through about a year ago, maybe a little more. I can do it, but it would not be until we move to the new server and I re-write the forums so they will run faster so I can free up some resources to do this.If we do add this feature we will also ad the feature not to be shown. I have always been in favor for clean looking forums and threads, so instead of the members names displayed like other forums have it, it will just be a link on the top and bottoms of the forums.

We will be adding a bunch of stuff as I convert. A lot more troll monitoring stuff as well to help clean up some of the forums. Some of that stuff is already being worked on now.

Although BTLorys and their many other user names is not a huge fan of me, there are many good forums out there, but one advantage that you have here as a member is that unlike most of the other sites I am an actual programmer, so I can write in features that members request. I can do so until I make the feature easy for everyone to use.

I am very much behind as you can tell by my slow responses on answering this section. Im sorry about that. Im hoping to improve that in the future. As of now Im trying to figure out the best solution to move the server in a smooth fashion as well as go over some other resource saving ideas.

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or suggestions.

Thanks
Doug - Webmaster

10/30/07  01:48am

Back to Site Suggestions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area