Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Site Suggestions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Site Suggestions Forum

Your_only_nightmare   Yellowfang   Kyguylal   Your_only_nightmare   OzZy_101*   Yellowfang   Webmaster   Kyguylal   Nepo   ReptileRodent   Webmaster   ReptileRodent   ShellBabe   Leecooper  
 Member  Message

Your_only_nightmare
View Profile

Something by our user name

well, its on other forums. but my our usernames, or just under, could we have like where were form, and how many posts weve posted

especaly where we located becuase the amount of poeple that ask where can i buy something, unless you check there profile first, you may say a whole load of websites, that are compleatly unrelavent becuase of being in a differnt country

02/18/07  04:45pm

Yellowfang
View Profile

Message To: Your_only_nightmare   In reference to Message Id: 1178427

I most definately agree. I hate it when I ask the price or something and the person is in the UK and canít give the price you could use.

Yellowfang

02/19/07  07:58pm

Kyguylal
View Profile

i like when sites have a post counter under your name. its just kinda fun to see how many times youve posted

02/22/07  09:35pm

Your_only_nightmare
View Profile

Message To: Kyguylal   In reference to Message Id: 1183773

yeah i agree wit that too

02/26/07  05:07am

OzZy_101*
View Profile

Message To: Your_only_nightmare   In reference to Message Id: 1188047

Quote:

its just kinda fun to see how many times youve posted

you can...

02/26/07  07:13pm

Yellowfang
View Profile

Message To: OzZy_101*   In reference to Message Id: 1188829

Number of Posts: Because of archiving, this feature will be disabled for the week.

Yellowfang

02/27/07  09:52pm

Webmaster
View Profile

Message To: Yellowfang   In reference to Message Id: 1190506

Hello,

I had no choice but to disable the number of post feature. The database became too big and I did not think ahead of time for this. I know a few people have contacted me about their post numbers and I have had that one week thing posted for over a year now.

So basically this is what is going to happen in the next few months. Iím am currently working on re-writing the scripts that run the forums which will speed things up a lot and take some strain off the server. Anyone that wants their posts displayed in their profile and have been here for a while will have a link that will add up the posts and put that number into a table in the database. After that every post you submit will be added to that number.

Thanks
Doug - Webmaster

02/28/07  10:50am

Kyguylal
View Profile

Message To: Webmaster   In reference to Message Id: 1191019

ehh? im a little confused. so we will have achoice to have the post couunter up? ive been here for over a year and i remember the counter.

03/01/07  06:45pm

Nepo
View Profile

But i found out something a long time ago that i thought more people knew about.
If you go to the members area up at the top then go to members directory you can then click on any profile and see how many posts have been made from there.

Looks like he didnít fully disable it.

Iím at 401 which seems about right.
(It would have been about a thousand plus but... well some people know what Iím talking about eh Sam?)

03/01/07  11:58pm

ReptileRodent
View Profile

Message To: Nepo   In reference to Message Id: 1193279

I donít really care about how many post we have posted, but It would be handy to show where we are from. Even just what country would be nice. We wouldnít have to have states.

03/03/07  05:38pm

Webmaster
View Profile

Message To: Webmaster   In reference to Message Id: 1191019

Kyguylal
The counter will be available for everyone, but only under the new forum setup and not from the archives or the current database. Instead I will write a script that each member can use if they would like to add up all their posts and then add that number to the number under the new forum system. The old system added all the posts up, but this takes too much resources. The new system there is only two fields to deal with.

Nepo
Not all scripts had the counter removed. There are hundreds of scripts here, so there are some that I have not disabled. I either forgot or the script is not used as much and I didnít bother changing it.

ReptileRodent
We used to display city and state. I removed city for obvious reason. I may show states or countries after we do the updates to the forum scripts. Itís not to add those two in since I already pull info from that database anyway.

Thanks
Doug - Webmaster

03/06/07  01:08pm

ReptileRodent
View Profile

Message To: Webmaster   In reference to Message Id: 1199087

Oh yeah I most defiantly understand why you wouldnít put cities in. Thanks for the reply!

03/08/07  04:53pm

ShellBabe
View Profile

Message To: ReptileRodent   In reference to Message Id: 1202160

are you talking about stalkers? because either way people say their cities in threads about where to buy things and if someone in trying to give away a pet...

04/09/07  12:47pm

Leecooper
View Profile

Message To: Yellowfang   In reference to Message Id: 1179625

http://www. exotic-pets. co. uk/referrer. php?ref=8418

Your referral code is: EXP8418LW

thanks

09/06/08  10:13am

Back to Site Suggestions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area