Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Boomheadshot   Adz scorp   Boomheadshot   Adz scorp   ReptileMan27  
 Member  Message

Boomheadshot
View Profile

Getting scorp

want a scorp that is cheap but cool and preferably large. any ideas?

09/17/06  07:50am

Adz scorp
View Profile

Message To: Boomheadshot   In reference to Message Id: 986166

Getting scorp

Emperor scorpion. I have got one, there not the largest of scorpions but one of the easiest and coolest. Also, they have a good temperement as they will rarely sting and pinch you, my scorp hasnít done any of that yet.
Adz

09/17/06  08:38am

Boomheadshot
View Profile

Message To: Adz scorp   In reference to Message Id: 986191

Getting scorp

are they deadly stings or do they just hurt like a...... well u know. how big of cage? pics of yours. is it good to get them online if so have you had any luck with them from online?

09/17/06  09:21am

Adz scorp
View Profile

Message To: Boomheadshot   In reference to Message Id: 986223

Getting scorp

Donít worry they are not deadly if they do sting you it may either be like a little sting or something like a bee sting.(peaple can be allergic though to the sting). But they will NEVER sting you incase you make them feel threatened, handle them roughly or if they are pregnant or protecting there young. They may nip you with there claws a couple of times which is like a very strong pinch (ow!) LOL, but they wonít do that oftyen if you feed and care for them properly. The size of tank i use is a 20 inch long and 1 foot wide and one foot high one. This is perfect for one Emperor Scorpion and could be OK for 2 jeuveniles.
Adz

09/17/06  01:37pm

ReptileMan27
View Profile

Message To: Adz scorp   In reference to Message Id: 986459

Getting scorp

If your looking for a large, common scorp then Pandinus imperator(emperor scorp) is your best bet. Their venom is considered harmless to humans but they still should be treated with some respect and caution because different people can have different reactions to the venom.

09/17/06  11:24pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area