Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Ajoznva   Meee   Ajoznva   Meee   ReptileMan27   Ajoznva  
 Member  Message

Ajoznva
View Profile

1st scorp.

hi im new at scorpions and every other insect if i wanted to get a easy to care for scorpion for beginers wich wud b the best? i wud prefer a tropical species thx.

09/02/06  04:56pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Ajoznva   In reference to Message Id: 968501

1st scorp.

well, the most common beginner rainforest scorps would either be an emp or an asian forest scorpion. do you need care advice as well?

09/02/06  09:02pm

Ajoznva
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 968768

1st scorp.

yes that wud be greatly appreciated,and which wud require a smaller vivarium? thx

09/02/06  09:07pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Ajoznva   In reference to Message Id: 968771

1st scorp.

they both get about the same size. a 10 gallon would be enough. you would want about 5-6 in of peat moss, sold at your local home depot. you will need a thermometer and a hydrometer. both temp and humidity should be about 80. you may want to cover part of the top with saran wrap to not allow hum. to escape so you dont have to mist every 15 minutes. before you put the peat in you want it to be a little damp so it isnt dusty. you will want a hide and a shallow water bowl as well.

09/03/06  07:07pm

ReptileMan27
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 969843

1st scorp.

Pandinus imperator(emp scorp) is the most commonly availiable and kept scorpions out their and are great for begginers because of their mild venom. But their are other species out their that are just as good if not better then P. imperator, Desert species like V. spingerus or confusus, H. troglodytes or paucidens, plus a few other species make great beggines species and their care is even easier then P. imperator. Desert species like it dry and dont require the high humidity that P. imperator or H. spinifer do which makes them a little easier to care for. I have a care sheet on P. imperator and all the other species I menched here.

09/06/06  03:10pm

Ajoznva
View Profile

Message To: ReptileMan27   In reference to Message Id: 973567

1st scorp.

well i live in canada so itís quite hard for me to find a good scorpion supplier. i recently found one that looks good that only sells 3 species wich r pandinus imperator, Heterometrus spinifer, pandinus cavimanus. so unless u no a good supplier of those species that wud be willing to ship to canada or in canada then plz let me no. but thx anyway.

09/12/06  06:21pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area