Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

Scorpions Forum

Bugman Dave   Meee   Who_Would_have_known   Meee  
 Member  Message

Bugman Dave
View Profile

Holding of Scorpions

I generally hold my scorpions so that I do not estrange them. Cleaning of tanks and arbitrary movement can make them rather skiddish so I try to reinforce the fact that Iím their Dad & not their vengeful God. They usually do not take well to too much handling (what can you expect from a creature with a brain the size of a pin-head, and thatís flattering them) but like any living thing; they do grow accustomed to touch and can even be reassured by it. Even if it doesnít make them happy...it keeps me entertained knowing I care.

08/12/06  08:57am

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Bugman Dave   In reference to Message Id: 935885

Holding of Scorpions

...congratulations? why would you put them under the stress?

08/12/06  07:00pm

Who_Would_have_known
View Profile

Message To: Meee   In reference to Message Id: 936617

Holding of Scorpions

"...congratulations? why would you put them under the stress?"

What?

There are so many posts on here that are posted by people who genuinely want help or reassuring that what they are doing is ok... then you get people like you who reply to these honest posts in a really flippant and offensive manner, for no real reason.

If this guy wants to hold his scorpions, let him hold them, or at very least suggest that he may be causing them undue stress.

There are far too many people like you who believe that they are righteous, and that your words are the gospel.

Hereís a hint if you are so concerned about your scorpions stress levels, dont keep it locked up in a glass jar for its whole life.

In answer to your post though mate, its cool that you can bond with your pets, and although on paper it seems like a good idea to hold them, nurture them and encourage them to be handled... it is probably causing them a lot of undue stress and upset, best bet is to leave handling to a minimum and just enjoy these wonderful and magnificent animals by watching and not touching.

08/13/06  06:01pm

Meee
View Profile

Message To: Who_Would_have_known   In reference to Message Id: 938001

Holding of Scorpions

ooooo, im going to enjoy this.

Quote:

What?

it was a very simple question. now do you understand what that weird mark at the end of that sentence was?

Quote:

There are so many posts on here that are posted by people who genuinely want help or reassuring that what they are doing is ok... then you get people like you who reply to these honest posts in a really flippant and offensive manner, for no real reason

this person was not trying to be reassured, he was just stating that he held his scorpions and i asked why. wow, amazing. i wasnt being offensive, i was asking a question. and there was a reason. to get an answer to my question.

Quote:

If this guy wants to hold his scorpions, let him hold them, or at very least suggest that he may be causing them undue stress.

im fine if he holds his scorpions, once again, i was just asking a question.

Quote:

There are far too many people like you who believe that they are righteous, and that your words are the gospel

for one, i think the gospel is a load of gibberish. all i was doing was asking a question.

Quote:

Hereís a hint if you are so concerned about your scorpions stress levels, dont keep it locked up in a glass jar for its whole life.

they are not in there their whole life. also, i give them ample space, and it is PROVEN that a large enclosure is stressful. heres a hint, learn to not get worked up about a simple question that had absolutely nothing to do with you.

Quote:

In answer to your post though mate, its cool that you can bond with your pets, and although on paper it seems like a good idea to hold them, nurture them and encourage them to be handled... it is probably causing them a lot of undue stress and upset, best bet is to leave handling to a minimum and just enjoy these wonderful and magnificent animals by watching and not touching.

so you tell him that it is best to keep the animal where he can observe it and not touch, which is a cage, and then you tell meee that that will cause it stress. interesting logic.

08/13/06  11:53pm

Back to Scorpions Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area